2008-2009 Recruiting Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

2008-2009 Recruiting Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2008-2009 Recruiting Thread

Postby Sandrock » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:59 pm

It's ridiculous to paint Urban Meyer as some kind of saint. He's just as dirty as Kiffin or any other coach in the country when it comes to recruiting.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:04 am

Sandrock wrote:It's ridiculous to paint Urban Meyer as some kind of saint. He's just as dirty as Kiffin or any other coach in the country when it comes to recruiting.

Please show me where I, or anyone for that matter, stated that Meyer was saint. I believe I stated I can't wait to play them because look what happened last year when we played UGA after Richts comments. Also, I went on to say that Urban did not violate any rules on the issue that Kiffin brought up, which he didn't as confirmed by both SEC and the NCAA. I was specifically talking about this incident, and for THIS INCIDENT that Kiffin brought up Meyer was not in the wrong. If you are thinking I am inferring something different from only posting negative things about Kiffin then you are taking what I was posting wrong.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:06 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
Sandrock wrote:It's ridiculous to paint Urban Meyer as some kind of saint. He's just as dirty as Kiffin or any other coach in the country when it comes to recruiting.

Please show me where I, or anyone for that matter, stated that Meyer was saint. I believe I stated I can't wait to play them because look what happened last year when we played UGA after Richts comments. Also, I went on to say that Urban did not violate any rules on the issue that Kiffin brought up, which he didn't as confirmed by both SEC and the NCAA. I was specifically talking about this incident, and for THIS INCIDENT that Kiffin brought up Meyer was not in the wrong.

To be honest with you, I really don't think that the win over UGA had much to do with Richt's comments. Florida was a much better team than UGA last year, and it showed in the game. Maybe UF ran up the score a bit because of the comments, but at least in my mind, that's not something to brag about. Similarly, I believe Florida will kill Tenn this year, because they will be a much better team, not because of what Kiffin did.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:13 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

Please show me where I, or anyone for that matter, stated that Meyer was saint. I believe I stated I can't wait to play them because look what happened last year when we played UGA after Richts comments. Also, I went on to say that Urban did not violate any rules on the issue that Kiffin brought up, which he didn't as confirmed by both SEC and the NCAA. I was specifically talking about this incident, and for THIS INCIDENT that Kiffin brought up Meyer was not in the wrong.

To be honest with you, I really don't think that the win over UGA had much to do with Richt's comments. Florida was a much better team than UGA last year, and it showed in the game. Maybe UF ran up the score a bit because of the comments, but at least in my mind, that's not something to brag about. Similarly, I believe Florida will kill Tenn this year, because they will be a much better team, not because of what Kiffin did.

Yea, I agree that Florida was the better team this year and will be against UT next year. The time out thing and leaving Tebow in almost the entire game was to piss Richt off though. I guess what I meant was I expect Tebow to play the entire UT game even if the Gators are severely up, and they won't stop blitzing on defense, etc.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:16 am

for you UM Dudes

BUZZ: One of the Wolverines' lead recruiters, Smith did plenty of damage in Florida for Michigan. He secured pledges from four-star prospect Jeremy Gallon and helped reel in Brandin Hawthorne, Mike Jones and Vincent Smith. He also was the lead recruiter for quarterback Tate Forcier.

Foricer and Robinson give Rich Rod his Dual Threat QBs he needs to run his offense. This was a solid class for him and he is getting his guys in place.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mugrila » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:00 pm

Urban tried to come in and take RB David Wilson from us when he heard Percy was going pro. I'm glad Wilson is a man of his word, and can't wait to see him suit up for us. :-°
Mugrila
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:01 am

OK, how's this for weird? David Oku, top RB recruit and headcase, has enrolled in classes at a Lincoln, NE high school. But hold the phone - Oku says it isn't because he wants to play football at Nebraska - it's to better prepare him academically for college.

More on this story
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:26 pm

(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Metroid » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:55 pm

Oh I guess it was posted. :-B

What a douche. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Previous

Return to College Football