14%
USC wins wins by 14+
68%
USC wins close
14%

Total votes : 22

The Big Game - OSU vs. USC

Postby knapplc » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:21 pm

Here we are, the biggest game of the young season. Two heavyweights, both with legit shots at the MNC this year.

So who wins? And by how much? Call your shot here for your chance at everlasting glory. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: The Big Game - OSU vs. USC

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:00 pm

USC wins in a rout. Even if Beanie plays he will not be Beanie and USC's defense is going to hound Todd all day long.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:14 pm

USC by a lot. I've been saying for over a year now that Beckman is overrated and now is the time that he will be exposed.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby knapplc » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:35 pm

I'm of the opinion that USC should smoosh the Buckeyes, and I voted as such... but the last season-plus-two-games has to have shown us that just about anything can happen.

If OSU wins it'll be close. I could see a close USC win, and I could see a USC blowout. About the only thing I'm not seeing is a blowout by OSU over USC.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:37 pm

knapplc wrote: Two heavyweights, both with legit shots at the MNC this year.

Two heavyweights? I dunno bout that. There will be only one heavyweight in the Coliseum Saturday evening and they are the men on Troy. It's too bad Beanie won't be 100% if he even does play because he could make things more interesting. It's also too bad because the Buckeyes faithful will say things would be different with a healthy Beanie...I don't think so. SC by 17.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby knapplc » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:42 pm

Metroid wrote:

Two heavyweights? I dunno bout that. There will be only one heavyweight in the Coliseum Saturday evening and they are the men on Troy. It's too bad Beanie won't be 100% if he even does play because he could make things more interesting. It's also too bad because the Buckeyes faithful will say things would be different with a healthy Beanie...I don't think so. SC by 17.

Let's not lose our minds here. Yes, the Buckeyes are a heavyweight in college football. USC should win (my opinion), but how many teams can you name that you could say that about if they were playing OSU? Two? Three?

With 119 teams to choose from, if I'm picking OSU against 116 of them, I'd consider them a heavyweight.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:46 pm

knapplc wrote:I'm of the opinion that USC should smoosh the Buckeyes, and I voted as such... but the last season-plus-two-games has to have shown us that just about anything can happen.

If OSU wins it'll be close. I could see a close USC win, and I could see a USC blowout. About the only thing I'm not seeing is a blowout by OSU over USC.

Sounds like what everyone was saying just before the Florida/Ohio State game B-)

I'm just saying. Though I too expect a Trojan route here.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:46 pm

knapplc wrote:
Metroid wrote:

Let's not lose our minds here. Yes, the Buckeyes are a heavyweight in college football. USC should win (my opinion), but how many teams can you name that you could say that about if they were playing OSU? Two? Three?

With 119 teams to choose from, if I'm picking OSU against 116 of them, I'd consider them a heavyweight.

I'd pick OSU against maybe 100 of them in their current state (i.e. Beanie not being healthy).

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:49 pm

knapplc wrote:
Metroid wrote:

Heavyweights don't struggle against Ohio. :-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Sandrock » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:56 pm

Metroid wrote:they are the men on Troy

Poor Troy, I feel for ya buddy.

Let's be honest here, USC will be putting in backups midway through the 3rd quarter. Ohio State might bring it to within 14 after that point.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to College Football