The Big Game - OSU vs. USC - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to College Football

The Big Game - OSU vs. USC

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who wins this game?

Ohio State wins by 14+
1
5%
Ohio State wins close
3
14%
USC wins wins by 14+
15
68%
USC wins close
3
14%
 
Total votes : 22

The Big Game - OSU vs. USC

Postby knapplc » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:21 pm

Here we are, the biggest game of the young season. Two heavyweights, both with legit shots at the MNC this year.

So who wins? And by how much? Call your shot here for your chance at everlasting glory. ;-D
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Re: The Big Game - OSU vs. USC

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:00 pm

USC wins in a rout. Even if Beanie plays he will not be Beanie and USC's defense is going to hound Todd all day long.
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Re: The Big Game - OSU vs. USC

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:14 pm

USC by a lot. I've been saying for over a year now that Beckman is overrated and now is the time that he will be exposed.
Image

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7746
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House

Re: The Big Game - OSU vs. USC

Postby knapplc » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:35 pm

I'm of the opinion that USC should smoosh the Buckeyes, and I voted as such... but the last season-plus-two-games has to have shown us that just about anything can happen.

If OSU wins it'll be close. I could see a close USC win, and I could see a USC blowout. About the only thing I'm not seeing is a blowout by OSU over USC.
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Re: The Big Game - OSU vs. USC

Postby Metroid » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:37 pm

knapplc wrote: Two heavyweights, both with legit shots at the MNC this year.

Two heavyweights? I dunno bout that. There will be only one heavyweight in the Coliseum Saturday evening and they are the men on Troy. It's too bad Beanie won't be 100% if he even does play because he could make things more interesting. It's also too bad because the Buckeyes faithful will say things would be different with a healthy Beanie...I don't think so. SC by 17.
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: The Big Game - OSU vs. USC

Postby knapplc » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:42 pm

Metroid wrote:
knapplc wrote: Two heavyweights, both with legit shots at the MNC this year.

Two heavyweights? I dunno bout that. There will be only one heavyweight in the Coliseum Saturday evening and they are the men on Troy. It's too bad Beanie won't be 100% if he even does play because he could make things more interesting. It's also too bad because the Buckeyes faithful will say things would be different with a healthy Beanie...I don't think so. SC by 17.

Let's not lose our minds here. Yes, the Buckeyes are a heavyweight in college football. USC should win (my opinion), but how many teams can you name that you could say that about if they were playing OSU? Two? Three?

With 119 teams to choose from, if I'm picking OSU against 116 of them, I'd consider them a heavyweight.
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Re: The Big Game - OSU vs. USC

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:46 pm

knapplc wrote:I'm of the opinion that USC should smoosh the Buckeyes, and I voted as such... but the last season-plus-two-games has to have shown us that just about anything can happen.

If OSU wins it'll be close. I could see a close USC win, and I could see a USC blowout. About the only thing I'm not seeing is a blowout by OSU over USC.


Sounds like what everyone was saying just before the Florida/Ohio State game B-)

I'm just saying. Though I too expect a Trojan route here.
Image
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8495
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Titletown, FL

Re: The Big Game - OSU vs. USC

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:46 pm

knapplc wrote:
Metroid wrote:
knapplc wrote: Two heavyweights, both with legit shots at the MNC this year.

Two heavyweights? I dunno bout that. There will be only one heavyweight in the Coliseum Saturday evening and they are the men on Troy. It's too bad Beanie won't be 100% if he even does play because he could make things more interesting. It's also too bad because the Buckeyes faithful will say things would be different with a healthy Beanie...I don't think so. SC by 17.

Let's not lose our minds here. Yes, the Buckeyes are a heavyweight in college football. USC should win (my opinion), but how many teams can you name that you could say that about if they were playing OSU? Two? Three?

With 119 teams to choose from, if I'm picking OSU against 116 of them, I'd consider them a heavyweight.


I'd pick OSU against maybe 100 of them in their current state (i.e. Beanie not being healthy).
Image

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7746
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House

Re: The Big Game - OSU vs. USC

Postby Metroid » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:49 pm

knapplc wrote:
Metroid wrote:
knapplc wrote: Two heavyweights, both with legit shots at the MNC this year.

Two heavyweights? I dunno bout that. There will be only one heavyweight in the Coliseum Saturday evening and they are the men on Troy. It's too bad Beanie won't be 100% if he even does play because he could make things more interesting. It's also too bad because the Buckeyes faithful will say things would be different with a healthy Beanie...I don't think so. SC by 17.

Let's not lose our minds here. Yes, the Buckeyes are a heavyweight in college football. USC should win (my opinion), but how many teams can you name that you could say that about if they were playing OSU? Two? Three?

With 119 teams to choose from, if I'm picking OSU against 116 of them, I'd consider them a heavyweight.

Heavyweights don't struggle against Ohio. :-D
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: The Big Game - OSU vs. USC

Postby Sandrock » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:56 pm

Metroid wrote:they are the men on Troy


Poor Troy, I feel for ya buddy.

Let's be honest here, USC will be putting in backups midway through the 3rd quarter. Ohio State might bring it to within 14 after that point.
Image
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1422
Joined: 1 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Reser Stadium; lamenting the D-Line for 2011

Next

Return to College Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 14:00 hours
(and 55 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact