USC wins wins by 14+
68%
USC wins close
14%

Total votes : 22

Re: The Big Game - OSU vs. USC

Postby Mobile1551 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:09 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Mobile1551 wrote:ugh why couldnt Georgia go get Spanked by USC without Knowshon Moreno instead of us....Does anyone else think Georgia would have done any better without their RB? I haven't rlly watched them, but they don't seem as good as oklahoma and 'other elite teams'. But hey, they r SEC so ohhh they're amazing lol.

This is fun, someone respond. Lemme rephrase that, someone respond positively cuz no1 has yet.

Yes, Georgia would have been in a close game without Moreno. I don't think they would have won, but they would have at least shown they should be on the same field as USC. USC by 10 maybe? Also, you really should watch Georgia, Oklahoma, Mizzou, Florida, and a few other teams before just assuming they would lose badly because gonig into last week they were ranked roughly near where OSU was. Anyway, you mentioned Georgia mostly, so I'll use them as the comparison to OSU:

Georgia is not dependent on one player. OSU is.
Yes, Wells was hurt, but Georgia has a lot of injuries. Their best player on both their o-line and d-line missed last game.
Stafford >>>>>>>>>>>> Boeckman (Pryor too).
Georgia is way faster than OSU and may have had a shot at keeping up with the players at USC's skill positions.
You mock how everyone says that the SEC is better, but there's a reason people say that: it's true. I would say that the SEC is the best conference, followed closely by the Big 12. Everyone else is way back from those 2.
While they haven't played anyone that great this year (best is probably SCAR) Georgia returned most of their players from last year, who actually proved they can beat good teams. Within the last couple years, OSU hasn't won a big out of conference game (the most recent was probably 3-4 years ago against Texas, a game which featured basically no one from the current OSU team).

So no, even without Moreno (I'll assume everyone else is healthy to even out the scenario like you want), Georgia would not have lost nearly as badly as OSU. Georgia is much more balanced and generally just a much better team than OSU. My most recent rankings feature Georgia at 2 (anywhere between 2-5 is fine IMO) and OSU somewhere between 15 and 20. I feel both of these slots are fair.

haha, wanna back that up a little. At least we weren't down 31-0 at home...hmm Georgia is looking very much " way faster than OSU and may have had a shot at keeping up with the players at USC's skill positions." Well, they sure rn't showing it against Bama.(with Moreno)

At least ur Wolverines beat the "what i called overrated" Wisconsin Badgers.
Mobile1551
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:56 pm

Not sure which makes a person look more foolish, trying to apply the transitive property to college football or talking like a game is over at halftime (especially given that you just acknowledged the Michigan win with as bad as they looked in the first half).

ETA: 17 straight points for Georgia and Alabama didn't have a single yard in the 3rd quarter. Two score game with a whole quarter left.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Mobile1551 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:37 pm

actually I didn't even see the Michigan game, i just saw the score lol.

Alabama still won tho lol.
Mobile1551
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Kilroy » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:54 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Not sure which makes a person look more foolish, trying to apply the transitive property to college football or talking like a game is over at halftime (especially given that you just acknowledged the Michigan win with as bad as they looked in the first half).

ETA: 17 straight points for Georgia and Alabama didn't have a single yard in the 3rd quarter. Two score game with a whole quarter left.

That game was over at halftime. You just don't come back from that big a deficit against that good a team. Hole didn't dig itself.

Crazy Week. USC, Georgia, Florida, Wisconsin, etc...

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Daddymike59 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:10 am

Kilroy said:
Hole didn't dig itself.

Amen Brother Kilroy.

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:28 am

Mobile1551 wrote:actually I didn't even see the Michigan game, i just saw the score lol.

Alabama still won tho lol.

Alabama won. Alabama didn't win by 32. Alabama vs. Georgia shouldn't be compared to USC vs. OSU. They are two completely different games.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mobile1551 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:10 pm

This thread shall last forever muahaha.

They actually let Pryor throw for once. I still don't understand our defense giving up so much room to their WR's but at least we r starting to Blitz more :P
Mobile1551
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Metroid » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:14 pm

Mobile1551 wrote:This thread shall last forever muahaha.

No.....no it won't }:-)
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Previous

Return to College Football