help me with a better Week 2 lineup! Week 1 went bad... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

help me with a better Week 2 lineup! Week 1 went bad...

Moderator: Football Moderators

help me with a better Week 2 lineup! Week 1 went bad...

Postby fasttwitch » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:12 pm

HI
I'm aching that in my first FF game, I left Hines Ward on the bench (19 ESPN points) and Chris Johnson on the bench (18 ESPN points), but played Maurice Jones Drew (4 ESPN points) and Joey Galloway (5 ESPN points). Then my highly-rated kicker (Folk) never really had to kick much, because the Dallas offense just cleaned up on TD's!

So, I'm trying to figure out if I can straighten out a better line up for next week. I put in who I think I'll play below in my Signature line.

Big questions, for me, are:

(a) should I just bench Maurice Jones-Drew, move Chris Johnson to RB2, and allow Wes Welker into the Flex position and off the bench? I mean, MJD has to share duties with Fred Taylor. Maybe I was hoping for too much.

(b) should I definitely keep Welker on that bench now that he is a short-run guy with no Tom Brady?

(c ) Do I need to get rid of DJ Hackett, a late pick for me, and get myself someone more reliable like Derrick Mason, the main target WR for the Ravens? Or should I get myself another RB?

(d) is there any reason to keep Jacob Hester (I thought maybe he would start to develop as LT's little helper over the season, but maybe that was kind of pointless).

thanks for any advice for this newbie.
fasttwitch

Starting: QB: K Warner RB1: Westbrook RB2: Jones-Drew (?)
WR1: R Wayne WR2: H. Ward Flex (RB3 vs WR3): Chris Johnson (Tenn)
TE: K Winslow Defense: Chargers
K: Folk

BENCH: Hasselbeck, Welker (WR); J. Galloway (WR); Randle-El (WR); DJ Hackett (WR); Selvin Young (RB); Jacob Hester (RB)
fasttwitch
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: help me with a better Week 2 lineup! Week 1 went bad...

Postby glackk » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:04 am

Your team looks pretty good. It's always positive when you can't decide which of your studs to put into your starting lineup.
I'd keep Westbrook and MJD as your RBs and Wayne and Ward as your WRs. Welker is a question mark without Brady at QB. I would wait a week or two to see how he fits with Matt Cassel, but I'd expect that he'll still be pretty productive. Chris Johnson should also be pretty productive, and you will want to decide week to week whether Johnson or Welker should be in your RB/WR spot. I like Chris Johnson there, but it can be argued that Welker should be there instead.

Don't worry too much about Folk, the points will come. It's Dallas, after all.

Players you can consider dropping for better ones are Randle-el, Hackett, and Hester. Randle-El will be decent, but not put up any ridiculous numbers. I'm not high on Hackett this year, with him being the 3rd WR behind Steve Smith and Muhammad. Hester should be the backup in SD behind LT, but there are probably better options available. Ray Rice, Steve Slaton, Sammy Morris, etc come to mind.
glackk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Beginner's Forum