Selvin Young or Andre Hall?!?! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Selvin Young or Andre Hall?!?!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Selvin Young or Andre Hall?!?!

Postby Azrael » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:38 pm

Kilroy wrote:Shanny did what he did tonight because he could. Wasn't any reason not to.

The Denver Backfield is a Fantasy Nightmare...I'm stunned. :-D

Exactly. Shame on you if you were fooled for the umpteenth time.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dgan » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:49 pm

You just draft one of them and wait to see who gets injured. I nabbed Hall in the 11th or something, so the waiting game started then...week 1 wouldn't have changed anything regardless of what happened. Nothing matters until at least one of them is weeded out.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Houser33 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:54 am

I hate to say this since I have Hall but I'm almost positive Young is going to be the guy going forward. As I'm sure most of you know, Hall's mother passed away 3 hours before the game and Hall decided to play anyways. Shanahan most likely wanted to give him the majorty of carries to A) take his mind off the tragedy and B) pump his team up. Now don't get me wrong, Hall's decision to play and his YPC most likely cemented his role in the lineup so i doubt there is going to be a clear cut guy, but I'd imagine the carries being split up something like this: Young 12-15, Hall 7-10, Pittman 3-5.

Worst case scenario: Shanahan splits all 3 of their carries in the first 20 minutes and then goes with the hot hand, thus making all 3 an unessecary gamble to start in fantasy land.

I didn't draft Young in any of my leagues for the reasons we all know, but for anyone who did, it might be a good idea to either trade for Hall or Young (whatever one you dont have) or try to aquire a 3rd or 4th WR for Young. Do it now though as I could see this situation getting pretty messy.
Houser33
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:31 am

I agree i took a flier on Hall just waiting for an injury to Young, once an injury occurs it shakes everything up, and if Young didn't grab that late TD that makes his production alot worse then Halls for the day...I don't really want either guy, but Hall was a FA to start the year, I'm going to hold onto him for about 3 games or so because I know he will be a perfect sell high guy, thats the only reason I'm holding onto him.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby LeBron James » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:31 pm

When Torain comes back, him and Hall, Selvin, and Pittman will all carry the ball 6 times each. Typical Shannahan RB foursome.
LeBron James
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby SDfanatic » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:50 pm

LeBron James wrote:When Torain comes back, him and Hall, Selvin, and Pittman will all carry the ball 6 times each. Typical Shannahan RB foursome.

I just gave up Torain for an extra D (Bills). Was that a bad idea. I doubt Train will be snagged up in my little league but if the FP's are spread thoughout the RB foursome I may want the extra points... I look forward to a reply.

- Joseph
SDfanatic
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby FatFoot » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:52 pm

No, Torrain is not going to be a viable FF starter this season, I suspect. It's more crowded in that backfield than ever, and everyone is decent enough that Shannahan probably won't outright bench anyone.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Football Talk