Monday Night Football with Mike & Mike and Coach Ditka - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Monday Night Football with Mike & Mike and Coach Ditka

Moderator: Football Moderators

Monday Night Football with Mike & Mike and Coach Ditka

Postby Sgt. Apone » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:22 am

just watching the end of the MNF double header and I though the commentary was great, very insightful, thoughtfully informative, and in my opinion it was very entertaining and enjoyable to listen to compared to the regular MNF crew of Kornheiser, Tirico, etc. -Now, I know what you're thinking- Miss South Carolina might be an improvement over Tony Kornheiser (whom I like very much on PTI, but he's slowly sucking the enjoyment out of MNF in my humble opinion) Tirico is cool and is a great play-by-play guy, but ESPN should give some consideration to a lineup like this - I'm sure Mike&Mike aren't for everybody but the depth of knowledge with these guys is astounding, and you add in the history and sage wisdom and insight into the game's history provided by a guy like Mike Ditka and you really have something pretty entertaining - enough so that I remained watching a blowout win by Denver over Oakland far longer than I should have
sig. by Deluxe
Sgt. Apone
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Monday Night Football with Mike & Mike and Coach Ditka

Postby dmacblue » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:35 am

Love M&M each morning, Ditka is a great mind to have there too. Only concern is maybe 3's a crowd. Golic is an ex pro, so they may could do with just M&M, or Greeny and Ditka (Greeny fear of Ditka is legendary which would be amsuign at times :-b ) :-?

Overall, i enjoy the presentation from the booth tonight ;-D

I also am a big fan of PTI and TK is certainly a knowledgle guy, but he's been an awful fit since they brought him onboard.

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Postby Noah_B » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:40 am

Sgt. Apone wrote:... you really have something pretty entertaining - enough so that I remained watching a blowout win by Denver over Oakland far longer than I should have

Agreed. Mike, Mike and Mike did a great job!
Noah_B Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby u_fig_eater » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:41 am

Yeah, Tony's not so good. Like when he said Minnesota should have gone for it on 4th down early in the game instead of kicking a FG. Ditka's okay.

Michaels and Madden are still my favorite.
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby bobbing_headz » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:44 am

First of all Mike Ditka is probably one of the best commentators I've heard in a while. This crew is good, definitely better than the crap put out on the regular MNF games.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:09 am

Funny how the random guys they bring in for the second MNF games are ALWAYS better than the first stringers.

Hell, Jaws practically had to tell that dumbass Kornhole to shut up it was so bad. Notice how the MNF guys in the booth make snide cutting remarks to/about each other. Even THEY know they suck.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby codered7 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:14 am

anything is better than kornheiser...he is terrible, and his colovers are wicked boring!
thnx madaslives911 fo the sig! you da man!

Ochenta y Cinco! Who?
Ochenta y Cinco! Who?
Ocho Cinco Biatch! O ok.
codered7
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:18 am

I could listen to these 3 all night, any game, every week, I really hope they bring them back, they made the game enjoyable and I would love to see them do an actual competitive game...Kornheiser is terrible and makes me not want to watch, anybody is better then him, if I had to hear him say "OMGZZZ HE THREW A TD JUST LIKE FAVRE WOULD OMGZZZ" or something close to it one more time my head was going to explode...It just got annoying after awhile, and he's pretty bad overall.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:01 am

Good to see someone else actually thought the Mike x 3 trio was solid. As the second game ended, I couldn't help but wonder why they were the MNF B-team if you will. I know we bag on Kornheiser here a lot, but it's certainly warranted. As Ahmad Carroll is crawling off the field, Kornholio said "I think Carroll is hurt" just after Tirico pointed out that Carroll was banged up on the play. Gee, you that's really solid commentary there, Tony. A player is on his hands and knees crawling off the field, your partner just pointed out the injury, and that's your contribution? Kornhole is useless, and I could probably spend all night listing off useless crap he spewed during the Packers/Vikings game. Meanwhile, the Mike trio are making insightful comments with Ditka adding a bit of well-timed humor. Brilliant. :-°
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Sgt. Apone » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:54 am

I think Ditka and/or Golic as color commentators and Tirico calling the game is something I would like to see, Greeny's fine but I think Mike Tirico is a better play guy, plus he deserves something for working with Kornheiser - to those that might think that 3's a crowd but you might chalk that up to the fact that the Broncs were trouncing the Raiders and they had to fill the airtime with something I suppose
sig. by Deluxe
Sgt. Apone
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Football Talk