knapplc = drug kingpin - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

knapplc = drug kingpin

Moderator: Football Moderators

knapplc = drug kingpin

Postby knapplc » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:22 am

So... yeah. We're gardeners at the knapplc house - very, very amateur gardeners. We have some veggies and some cooking herbs and some flowers in a few beds around the house. Nothing much, and we kill about half of what we grow it seems. :-b

So the other day the wife calls me outside where she's pruning one of the beds and says, "You wanna look at this? What do you think this is?"

Some background - you all know we live in Nebraska, Stinkin' Lincoln to be exact, and around here hemp/ditchweed grows wild all over. So it shouldn't come as much of a surprise when the wife finds something that she thinks is suspect. Certainly we didn't plant it. :-D

So here's what she saw. Say hello to my little friend:

It's been a while since I've run across the silly weed, so I have to admit that I didn't know what it was at first. I rubbed my fingers on the leaves and sniffed - just to check - but this test was inconclusive.

I went to bed that night thinking - holy cow, ATF is gonna kick my door in! How am I going to get rid of this thing!

Funny thing, though. That's not MJ. It's Cleome. My boss is a Master Gardener, and she got a pretty big chuckle out of me asking her what this thing is.

It also turns out that the wife remembered, after my boss clued me in, that she had planted some Cleome in just about that spot. The package called it a Spider Plant, but it's the same thing.

So there you go. My life as a major player in the drug underworld was short-lived.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: knapplc = drug kingpin

Postby m16a » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:27 am

knapplc wrote:
So there you go. My life as a major player in the drug underworld was short-lived.

DARN. I was so hoping to get some discount crack :-b
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby knapplc » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:32 am

m16a wrote:
knapplc wrote:

DARN. I was so hoping to get some discount crack :-b

You really, really would not like the only kind of crack I am able to supply. :-{
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RiffRaff » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:35 am

Smokin Ditch Weed is not a good idea.

Unless you really like bad headaches. :-{ X-I :-B
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:36 am

knapplc wrote:So... yeah. We're gardeners at the knapplc house - very, very amateur gardeners. We have some veggies and some cooking herbs and some flowers in a few beds around the house. Nothing much, and we kill about half of what we grow it seems. :-b

So the other day the wife calls me outside where she's pruning one of the beds and says, "You wanna look at this? What do you think this is?"

Some background - you all know we live in Nebraska, Stinkin' Lincoln to be exact, and around here hemp/ditchweed grows wild all over. So it shouldn't come as much of a surprise when the wife finds something that she thinks is suspect. Certainly we didn't plant it. :-D

So here's what she saw. Say hello to my little friend:

It's been a while since I've run across the silly weed, so I have to admit that I didn't know what it was at first. I rubbed my fingers on the leaves and sniffed - just to check - but this test was inconclusive.

I went to bed that night thinking - holy cow, ATF is gonna kick my door in! How am I going to get rid of this thing!

Funny thing, though. That's not MJ. It's Cleome. My boss is a Master Gardener, and she got a pretty big chuckle out of me asking her what this thing is.

It also turns out that the wife remembered, after my boss clued me in, that she had planted some Cleome in just about that spot. The package called it a Spider Plant, but it's the same thing.

i think my mom has the same plant...it really looks like the ganj though
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:19 am

Yeah, my parents have a ton of that stuff on their property. The funny thing is my mom came across a huge patch of it and paid it no mind until my dad saw it and said that it was obvious that someone had planted it (my parents have about 75 acres just outside of Toronto so they don't know everything that's growing there). My Dad called the cops and they confirmed that someone planted MJ on their land. The cops staked the place out for a while and I think that they may have put up a video camera but they never found anything and ended up plowing it under.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RWLongy4 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:02 am

Mookie4ever wrote:Yeah, my parents have a ton of that stuff on their property. The funny thing is my mom came across a huge patch of it and paid it no mind until my dad saw it and said that it was obvious that someone had planted it (my parents have about 75 acres just outside of Toronto so they don't know everything that's growing there). My Dad called the cops and they confirmed that someone planted MJ on their land. The cops staked the place out for a while and I think that they may have put up a video camera but they never found anything and ended up plowing it under.

Odd... I've heard the best way to dispose of something like that is to burn it :-b ;-)
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Metroid » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

RWLongy4 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Yeah, my parents have a ton of that stuff on their property. The funny thing is my mom came across a huge patch of it and paid it no mind until my dad saw it and said that it was obvious that someone had planted it (my parents have about 75 acres just outside of Toronto so they don't know everything that's growing there). My Dad called the cops and they confirmed that someone planted MJ on their land. The cops staked the place out for a while and I think that they may have put up a video camera but they never found anything and ended up plowing it under.

Odd... I've heard the best way to dispose of something like that is to burn it :-b ;-)

Where did you come from? You been hiding in a cave somewhere or something? :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:05 am

Druggie. ;-7
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby RWLongy4 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:10 am

Metroid wrote:
RWLongy4 wrote:

Where did you come from? You been hiding in a cave somewhere or something? :-b

Hehe... I've had an extremely busy few months kinda had to go into cafe hibernation for a bit :-b
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to General Talk