hole in the wall - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

hole in the wall

Moderator: Football Moderators

hole in the wall

Postby treat24 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:37 pm

airs tonight after fringe...

i might watch it... it's an american version of japanese human tetris. youtube "human tetris" if you don't know
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: hole in the wall

Postby knapplc » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:41 pm

I'm pretty surprised this is its own show. 30 minutes of people jumping through oddly-shaped holes on a conveyor belt?

Meh.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:42 pm

It looks like it could be pretty funny. It might get old after a while though. :-?

I just got the first 3 disks of season 2 of Heroes from Neflix so that's what I'll be watching. I do wanna check out Fringe though, it this the first episode?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby treat24 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:46 pm

Metroid wrote:It looks like it could be pretty funny. It might get old after a while though. :-?

I just got the first 3 disks of season 2 of Heroes from Neflix so that's what I'll be watching. I do wanna check out Fringe though, it this the first episode?

yes and don't waste your time with heroes season 2... the creator (Tim Kring) apologized for season 2 publicly for a reason. He is starting fresh in season 3 and pretending like season 2 never happened. I'm still trying to forget. :-P

I agree with knapp it might get old, but we'll see. I give almost all new shows a try

and Met: yes it is the first episode of Fringe. They played it as a sneak peak already, but this is the first episode and it's now and future time slow. ;-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:48 pm

I'm just ready for The Office, and more new episodes of Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs. That's about all I ever watch on TV anymore.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RWLongy4 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:49 pm

I watched it when it debuted on sunday... It was really funny, there were just too many commercials. Basically people have 5 or so seconds to figure out how they are going to fit one, two, or three of them through odd shaped holes. I would recommend Tivo/DVRing it if you can and watching it minus commerecials.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby treat24 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:52 pm

correction. Fringe's time slot is technically 8-9 cst in a few weeks House will take 7-8 cst

Fringe airs 7-8:30 tonight
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:53 pm

RWLongy4 wrote:I watched it when it debuted on sunday... It was really funny, there were just too many commercials. Basically people have 5 or so seconds to figure out how they are going to fit one, two, or three of them through odd shaped holes. I would recommend Tivo/DVRing it if you can and watching it minus commerecials.

You mean there were more than the typical eight minutes of commercials? That's odd.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:54 pm

treat24 wrote:
Metroid wrote:It looks like it could be pretty funny. It might get old after a while though. :-?

yes and don't waste your time with heroes season 2... the creator (Tim Kring) apologized for season 2 publicly for a reason. He is starting fresh in season 3 and pretending like season 2 never happened. I'm still trying to forget. :-P

I agree with knapp it might get old, but we'll see. I give almost all new shows a try

and Met: yes it is the first episode of Fringe. They played it as a sneak peak already, but this is the first episode and it's now and future time slow. ;-D

Ahh what the hell? Don't tell me that about Heroes...now I'm going into it with a bad attitude. :-t

:-b

I actually already watched the first 3 episodes online and thought they were good. :-?

I'll try and catch Fringe tonight but eventually I'll miss some episodes and end up having to wait for it to come out on DVD in a year, I can never remember to watch show every week. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby treat24 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:01 pm

Metroid wrote:Ahh what the hell? Don't tell me that about Heroes...now I'm going into it with a bad attitude. :-t

:-b

I actually already watched the first 3 episodes online and thought they were good. :-?

yep... they start good, get worse, and eventually you sit and watch with a WTF look on your face. Now you will watch the rest of the episodes expecting them to be crappy, so you might enjoy them!

I am glad Kring apologized and is starting fresh though. He put too many storylines in and kept introducing way too many characters and powers into the show without much character development. weak sauce.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk