Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: hole in the wall

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:05 pm

treat24 wrote:
Metroid wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:Side Note: anyone catch True Blood on HBO

Whats True Blood about?

vampires, more modern... decent show

it's by Six Feet Under creator Alan Ball so i'm expecting it to be pretty good...1st episode was above average i'd say

quick premise...Vampires are "out of the coffin" and co-exist among the living because they no longer have to feed on humans since the Japanese created a synthetic blood drink. the show is set in backwoods Lousiana (is that an oxymoron :-? ) so they face their share of discrimination. also...Vamp Blood appears to be the new Meth
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:11 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
treat24 wrote:
Metroid wrote:Whats True Blood about?

it's by Six Feet Under creator Alan Ball so i'm expecting it to be pretty good...1st episode was above average i'd say

quick premise...Vampires are "out of the coffin" and co-exist among the living because they no longer have to feed on humans since the Japanese created a synthetic blood drink. the show is set in backwoods Lousiana (is that an oxymoron :-? ) so they face their share of discrimination. also...Vamp Blood appears to be the new Meth

So they don't feed on humans at all? Can they go out in the daylight? Can you see their reflections in mirrors. What about garlic? Do they still have to avoid Italian? :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:14 pm

Metroid wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
treat24 wrote:

So they don't feed on humans at all? Can they go out in the daylight? Can you see their reflections in mirrors. What about garlic? Do they still have to avoid Italian? :-b

i only saw the 1st episode, but i would answer: inconclusive (they dont have to, but i'm sure some still do), i think so, i think so, i dont know. Silver is not kind to them though
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moonhead » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:15 pm

vampire blood is an aphrodisiac. but it is also a super drug insofar as it will heal massive injuries, etc.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Metroid » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:22 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:...Silver is not kind to them though

Wait isn't that werewolves?

moonhead wrote:vampire blood is an aphrodisiac. but it is also a super drug insofar as it will heal massive injuries, etc.

Where do I get me some vampire blood?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby m16a » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:50 pm

Metroid wrote:It looks like it could be pretty funny. It might get old after a while though. :-?

Thats what I was thinking. Probably a laughable 15-20 minutes and then it will get really old really quick.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:18 pm

Yeah, I saw the preview show on Sunday. It sucked. Great concept, stupid execution. They need to take these Japanese show concepts and make them competitions and not the who can be more stupid show.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:24 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:Yeah, I saw the preview show on Sunday. It sucked. Great concept, stupid execution. They need to take these Japanese show concepts and make them competitions and not the who can be more stupid show.

yep. I even stopped watching wipeout fairly quickly... I finished out the episode of hole in the wall... will not watch again. :-t
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:26 am

Wow, what a terrible show. There's only so far you can take making people jump through walls. I got bored after 5 minutes :-t
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:04 am

bobbing_headz wrote:Wow, what a terrible show. There's only so far you can take making people jump through walls. I got bored after 5 minutes :-t

But here's the deal, give me that show and I think I could make it watchable. Just take away all the stupidity. It looked like a bunch of 12 year olds out there doing the most immature things possible. Turn it into more of a competition and it could have a good appearance every now and then I think. Really a cool concept, but the whole let's all act like 10-year old schtick looked fake and got old really fast.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk