hole in the wall - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

hole in the wall

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: hole in the wall

Postby moonhead » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:37 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:Wow, what a terrible show. There's only so far you can take making people jump through walls. I got bored after 5 minutes :-t

But here's the deal, give me that show and I think I could make it watchable. Just take away all the stupidity. It looked like a bunch of 12 year olds out there doing the most immature things possible. Turn it into more of a competition and it could have a good appearance every now and then I think. Really a cool concept, but the whole let's all act like 10-year old schtick looked fake and got old really fast.

not likely. the reason this gained any steam whatsoever is because of the internet. you only had to watch it in 45 second clips. so those little clips where getting huge amounts of hits. the popularity was noticed and attempted to be capitalized upon. but they failed to realize that it's not that entertaining after a few minutes of the same thing over and over.

i can't believe some of the things that get greenlighted. tv is so bad. :-t

if we're not stealing from the uk or japan, we're rehashing our own ideas that were mediocre in the first place!
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Tyeattolah » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:21 am

HITW...isn't it a take off of a Japanese Game show(s)? It is funny, but to think they have dedicated a whole show to something like this? :-? :-)
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:55 am

Tyeattolah wrote:HITW...isn't it a take off of a Japanese Game show(s)? It is funny, but to think they have dedicated a whole show to something like this? :-? :-)

I didn't even bother to watch HITW. I figured it wouldn't be entertaining for 30 whole minutes. It's a gimmick thing that belongs in one segment of a larger show. It doesn't deserve its own show.

Yes, you're right that it's a take-off of the Japanese show. There's a gonzo quality to a lot of the Japanese game shows that their boring American versions aren't grasping. Leaving that off is a huge mistake. Wipeout is a great example. The commentators they have for the American version are pretty unimpressive. They need to be far more sarcastic and witty than they are. They're treating it too much like a real competition, when the whole point is to watch people... wipe out. Duh. It's not Battle of the Network Stars, people. It's idiots crashing, often into mud. That's the whole point.

Maybe they'll get it. Who knows. Until then, we always have YouTube and reruns of Takeshi's Castle (or whatever that's called on Spike).
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:05 am

moonhead wrote:if we're not stealing from the uk or japan, we're rehashing our own ideas that were mediocre in the first place!

Read: Knight Rider %-6
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Dawinner127 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:50 pm

I watched this and wasn't really a fan. I think if they made it more of a serious show and more competitive it would be better, but it was just.. dumb.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Previous

Return to General Talk