Let the drama begin (Matchup Meltdown) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafe Games Talk

Let the drama begin (Matchup Meltdown)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Let the drama begin (Matchup Meltdown)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:52 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:I had 4 really tough choices IMO. :-o

Went 2 for 2. :-°

Can't believe I was actually rooting for the Patriots to win. %-6 :-D

The other team I picked was the defending Super Bowl champion, perfect season ending, New York football Giants, so that was easy to root for. :-B :-b

I hope the Hammy is kind this week. :-o

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:27 pm

I want a MEAN hammy, and then I want to get lucky! We need to get some peeps out of here :-D

Only 13 last week 8-o
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:49 am

WaCougMBS wrote:I want a MEAN hammy, and then I want to get lucky! We need to get some peeps out of here :-D

Only 13 last week 8-o

He was mean to me :-t
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:36 pm

If Oakland and Baltimore can pull off upsets, the game is going to get VERY interesting }:-) :-? 8-o
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:22 am

Only 2 people outed so far?! Wow...

So I take it that if we picked Philadelphia that we are still alive and it functioned basically the same as a win, since after all, they didn't lose. Right? :-? :-o
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Postby Madison » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:09 am

WaCougMBS wrote:So I take it that if we picked Philadelphia that we are still alive and it functioned basically the same as a win, since after all, they didn't lose. Right? :-? :-o

It's in the rules thread (first post) that a tie is a loss in the Meltdown. The scoring isn't in on that game yet.

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:10 am

WaCougMBS wrote:Only 2 people outed so far?! Wow...

So I take it that if we picked Philadelphia that we are still alive and it functioned basically the same as a win, since after all, they didn't lose. Right? :-? :-o

The rules say a tie is a loss. :-/

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:56 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:The rules say a tie is a loss. :-/

Boo! I didn't see that...

Oh well, another year, I guess !+) :-{
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Postby logan » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:39 pm

figures the first time i take the eagles and they screw me :~(
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:14 am

Madison wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:So I take it that if we picked Philadelphia that we are still alive and it functioned basically the same as a win, since after all, they didn't lose. Right? :-? :-o

It's in the rules thread (first post) that a tie is a loss in the Meltdown. The scoring isn't in on that game yet.

Man, I was all frustrated that I lost and just took this at face value, but when I read the rules, it said quite the opposite and now I'm stoked :-D

menyak wrote:If a game is postponed beyond the weekend, or if a game ends in a tie, your predicted winner will be considered correct.

Really, it makes more sense this way, since it isn't an "incorrect" pick of a winner (or at least I support it because it helped me ;-) )...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe Games Talk