Let the drama begin (Matchup Meltdown) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafe Games Talk

Let the drama begin (Matchup Meltdown)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Let the drama begin (Matchup Meltdown)

Postby Madison » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:36 am

WaCougMBS wrote:
Madison wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:So I take it that if we picked Philadelphia that we are still alive and it functioned basically the same as a win, since after all, they didn't lose. Right? :-? :-o

It's in the rules thread (first post) that a tie is a loss in the Meltdown. The scoring isn't in on that game yet.

Man, I was all frustrated that I lost and just took this at face value, but when I read the rules, it said quite the opposite and now I'm stoked :-D

menyak wrote:If a game is postponed beyond the weekend, or if a game ends in a tie, your predicted winner will be considered correct.

Really, it makes more sense this way, since it isn't an "incorrect" pick of a winner (or at least I support it because it helped me ;-) )...

Menyak and I talked about it and decided for this season it would count as a win, even though the team didn't actually win. So Menyak updated the rules today (Tuesday) to reflect it. When I made that post above (Monday), it was accurate and correct at the time. Was going to shoot you and logan PM's tonight, so it seems I just have to shoot him one now. :-b

Don't expect it to be so nice next year though, Meltdown is a mean game and not for wusses! }:-) :-b

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:56 am

Madison wrote:Menyak and I talked about it and decided for this season it would count as a win, even though the team didn't actually win. So Menyak updated the rules today (Tuesday) to reflect it. When I made that post above (Monday), it was accurate and correct at the time. Was going to shoot you and logan PM's tonight, so it seems I just have to shoot him one now. :-b

Don't expect it to be so nice next year though, Meltdown is a mean game and not for wusses! }:-) :-b

I kind of thought that was what happened :-D I think 3 of us got off the hook actually (might want to let The Captain know too).

Don't worry about next year, I plan to have like 13 picks left at this point in '09 :-]

Stupid McNabb had to make things interesting :*) :-S X-I
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby logan » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:49 pm

i wasn't so much annoyed at losing on a tie it was just that it was the eagles that did it to me. ah well i'm still alive with my one pick ;-D and in my other survivor pool as long as the giants win this weekend i have aligned the stars to play every team up against detroit for the remainder.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Madison » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:34 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:I think 3 of us got off the hook actually (might want to let The Captain know too).

Will do that right now. ;-D Thanks for the heads up. ;-D

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:46 pm

logan wrote:i have aligned the stars to play every team up against detroit for the remainder.

:,-( :~(

Congrats on the win, as long as the Giants win this week.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:55 pm

Man, I had to pick against the 'Hawks again this week (and at home this time :-o ). Oh well, what can ya do?
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:51 am

Talk about a nasty week for picks. :-o Hammy crushed me. :-o

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:56 pm

I'm cheerin' for the Texans, Jets and Chargers this week! There were a lot of ugly picks, but I think I'm relatively safe in picking against my Hawks (even though it's at home) :-o
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:07 pm

53 people left, and we could lose a lot more with a San Diego win tonight ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Postby Flux » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:11 pm

It looks like all of us with 3 picks lost at least one game, so the new leader will be at two.

We are down to crunch time :-o
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe Games Talk