W/R position in Yahoo leagues - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

W/R position in Yahoo leagues

Moderator: Football Moderators

W/R position in Yahoo leagues

Postby sebastienjanikowski » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:09 pm

What exactly is this and how do you play it to your advantage? I always just pick the third best WR or third best RB...but something tells me this isnt right
sebastienjanikowski
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: W/R position in Yahoo leagues

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:47 pm

sebastienjanikowski wrote:What exactly is this and how do you play it to your advantage? I always just pick the third best WR or third best RB...but something tells me this isnt right

Welcome to the Cafe! ;-D

You got it exactly right. Sounds like your league starts 2 RB, 2 WR, & 1 WR/RB. So your WR/RB would be a choice between your 3rd best WR & your 3rd best RB. The advantage will work differently for different owners. An owner that has 3 strong RB's will be able to start them, while an owner that has 3 strong WR's will be able to start them. Otherwise there's no real advantage unless your scoring system really favors one or the other. I hope that helps a little. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Re: W/R position in Yahoo leagues

Postby glackk » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:11 am

Also, the scoring format of your league detemines which position, WR or RB, will usually have an edge. In a point-per-reception league, you may want to give an edge to a WR over a RB of the same ability, since WRs will usually get more receptions than RBs. In a regular league, RBs usually get more touches per game than WRs, so you give the edge to RBs in that case. That said, you can start either position there in either case if you have a good WR3 or RB3.
glackk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Return to Beginner's Forum