Return to General Talk

Most Embarrassing Loss Ever?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Most Embarrassing Loss Ever?

Postby bobbing_headz » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:52 pm

dream_017 wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:
abrage22 wrote:how the heck do you score that many goals in a game? 8-o

That's still what I'm trying to figure out.

Were there no players on one side?? :-?

If me and my buddies who can't even skate went on the ice against say Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin, etc., we'd probably not lose this bad.

So, let me get this straight, you live in Canada and can't skate, but not only that, you also have friends that can't skate :-? I thought all Canadians were able to skate O:-) ;-7

Ok, I can probably move myself around the ice. Past that things get a little shaky :-)
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:12 pm

I mean, when comes the time when you just put everybody in front of the goal and form a human wall. Or just absolutely kill somebody and start random fights. I mean, that's awful.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:22 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:I mean, when comes the time when you just put everybody in front of the goal and form a human wall. Or just absolutely kill somebody and start random fights. I mean, that's awful.

Ya but women don't fight. And seeing this result they're probably scared of the puck.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bungle613 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:27 pm

I no longer watch much hockey but being Canadian I am kind of surrounded. This game has me intrigued. I have to see it. Have to see how 82 goals are scored and the kicker is, the chick made 57 saves as well.

When I was a kid playing AA hockey we played a game every year against the AA team a year younger then us as an exhibition. Played one year when half our team was out with the flu. 8 skaters, one goalie. Final score 53-0. I scored 17 goals, probably the most fun I ever had playing.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:11 pm

I saw this and heard about it on Mike&Mike too. Just wild. You almost have to help them get that amount of goals. :-°
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:13 am

bungle613 wrote:I no longer watch much hockey but being Canadian I am kind of surrounded. This game has me intrigued. I have to see it. Have to see how 82 goals are scored and the kicker is, the chick made 57 saves as well.

When I was a kid playing AA hockey we played a game every year against the AA team a year younger then us as an exhibition. Played one year when half our team was out with the flu. 8 skaters, one goalie. Final score 53-0. I scored 17 goals, probably the most fun I ever had playing.

You're kidding! That's probably even more amazing. She must not have smothered the puck, she must have just walled the net and those shots bounced off of her.

Really, that makes this whole thing even more incredible.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bungle613 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:24 am

knapplc wrote:
bungle613 wrote:I no longer watch much hockey but being Canadian I am kind of surrounded. This game has me intrigued. I have to see it. Have to see how 82 goals are scored and the kicker is, the chick made 57 saves as well.

You're kidding! That's probably even more amazing. She must not have smothered the puck, she must have just walled the net and those shots bounced off of her.

Really, that makes this whole thing even more incredible.

FINAL SHOTS ON NET

Slovakia - 139
Bulgaria - 0

Not ONE SINGLE shot from the mighty Bulgarians.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:55 am

The horror. The horror!
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:33 pm

I've played hockey for about 30 years and in every league that I've been in if the lead gets to even 5 or 6 goals and the other team is still trying to add to their lead there are fights. I cannot comprehend 82-0. If it got to 10-0 the next time they took a shot on net there should have been a shot to the head. Anything after 10-0 was piling on and should have met with serious disapproval.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:39 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:I've played hockey for about 30 years and in every league that I've been in if the lead gets to even 5 or 6 goals and the other team is still trying to add to their lead there are fights. I cannot comprehend 82-0. If it got to 10-0 the next time they took a shot on net there should have been a shot to the head. Anything after 10-0 was piling on and should have met with serious disapproval.

There are "mercy rules" here in the States for kid's baseball leagues, and I believe even up to college level softball & baseball. I've never heard of such a thing in hockey, though.

If you were on a hockey team and you were up by 10 goals, what would you do with the puck? You don't just stop trying to score, do you?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk