Week 3 Cafe Rankings Poll and Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Week 3 Cafe Rankings Poll and Discussion

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 3 Cafe Rankings Poll and Discussion

Postby BlueBandit24 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:05 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:26. Minnesota

Finally some respect. :-b
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:19 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:
ShoelessJoe wrote:Wisconsin over Ohio State? Didn't Wisconsin trail Marshall by 2 TD's in the 2nd quarter last week? I know Ohio State lost Wells and wasn't impressive against Ohio but are they that bad?

How does this make any sense? You're saying Wisconsin can't be as good because they trailed Marshall early before opening the floodgates and pouring on a 51-14 victory, but the team you're saying they can't be better than trailed a worse team much later in the game and won closely after that team had a few special teams blunders. Ohio played OSU almost evenly on offense (OSU outgained them by only 18 yards), and Boeckman averged 4 yards per attempt......passing.

Ok, I see that my argument was flawed.

However, I still have a hard time putting a Wisconsin team ahead of Ohio State when Ohio State returns basically their entire team from a NC runner up squad. Sure, you have your Michigans of the world where no matter how talented and how many players you return you're just awful but for the most part, when teams return a huge number of talented players, those teams are pretty good (think USC (04-05) and LSU (06-07)). That logic is nonetheless equally flawed but I just think OSU is a better team than they showed in the Ohio game.

Who cares who they returned? The argument that OSU has some of the players this year that they had on a pretty good team last year is more flawed than your Wisconsin argument. I don't care what you did last year. Put up or shut up. OSU was awful last week.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby HskrPwr13 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:52 pm

knapplc wrote:Hskr - Nebraska belongs nowhere near your top 30 yet. I've watched both games, and they are not ready for that ranking.

I've watched both games too. The Husker bars out here pay for the games when they're not on nationally. I dont disagree with the eye test. But when I put the eye test next to the actual results of the other teams that I have right around there, NU does grade out. More than likely, based on what I think the rest of the country will do this week, a win over NMSU may not keep NU that "high". I noticed that SI had NU at #35 in their power poll, and NU has received some votes in the coaches poll, so I dont think my poll is too out of whack.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby HskrPwr13 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:09 pm

Now that I've had a chance to look over everyones rankings the only team I wonder about is AZ State. I saw it was asked about earlier. What is it that you SEC guys like so much about them? Nervous about the UGA game?
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jayday » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:38 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:Now that I've had a chance to look over everyones rankings the only team I wonder about is AZ State. I saw it was asked about earlier. What is it that you SEC guys like so much about them? Nervous about the UGA game?

I can't figure it out either. I have them at 16 and think I'm being generous. I don't think they're nervous about the UGA game because Georgia should murder this squad. There is nothing of a running game to speak of. Pin the Dawgs ears back and make Carpenter's day hell and this should be a Georgia win by 3 scores or more.

I'm curious about the fascination with ASU as well.
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby knapplc » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:15 am

I haven't seen ASU play yet, but they're a decent team by all accounts. I'm comfortable putting them at #14, but fully willing to drastically raise or drop them depending on the UGA results. There's just so little to go on with this team so far.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:04 pm

It's the Dennis Erickson factor. The guy might be somewhat of a sleeze but he gets results.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:32 pm

VaderFin wrote:It's the Dennis Erickson factor. The guy might be somewhat of a sleeze but he gets results.

That's like saying I might be somewhat of a Husker fan. :-b :-]
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:34 pm

VaderFin wrote:It's the Dennis Erickson factor. The guy might be somewhat of a sleeze but he gets results.

That is def part of it for me. Honestly, I didn't even know that UGA was playing ASU. I knew UGA had a tough schedule, but forgot about that game. I like Carpenter and I think that Erikson has brought in some experianced Juco players like he always does and they are a tough team. I think even without a run game they can put up points and their defense is solid. UGA may beat them down and if they do I will drop them, but my vote has absolutely nothing to do with UGA playing ASU
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:15 am

Week 4 is up ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to College Football