Week 3 Games Talk

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:20 am

UNC v. Rutgers on Thursday Night

Kansas @ USF Friday night

Both should be good games IMO. I think USF pulls the upset
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 3 Games Talk

Postby Mugrila » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:49 am

Wisconsin-F.S. should be a good one. Not a ton of great match ups this week though.
Mugrila
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ShoelessJoe » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:46 am

Mugrila wrote:Wisconsin-F.S. should be a good one. Not a ton of great match ups this week though.

I disagree, you have a good mix of intra and inter conference games this week:

UGA @ South Carolina
Auburn @ Miss St

OOC:
Cal @ Maryland
Wisc @ Fresno
Ark @ Texas (Although this looks like a bloodbath on paper, I could see Arkansas keeping it close if they can contain Texas' offense. Texas picked up former Auburn D-Coordinator Will Muschamp this offseason who has helped them greatly, he held Arkansas to 7 points last year).
Oregon @ Purdue
Oklahoma @ Washington
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:02 am

I think UGA runs over SC this week. They are pissed about last season, SC sucks on offense, and now they are without McKinnley. This could get real ugly.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:28 am

Oregon @ Purdue, first real test. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Mugrila » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:00 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:
Mugrila wrote:Wisconsin-F.S. should be a good one. Not a ton of great match ups this week though.

I disagree, you have a good mix of intra and inter conference games this week:

UGA @ South Carolina
Auburn @ Miss St

OOC:
Cal @ Maryland
Wisc @ Fresno
Ark @ Texas (Although this looks like a bloodbath on paper, I could see Arkansas keeping it close if they can contain Texas' offense. Texas picked up former Auburn D-Coordinator Will Muschamp this offseason who has helped them greatly, he held Arkansas to 7 points last year).
Oregon @ Purdue
Oklahoma @ Washington

I see a lot of those games as blowouts. UGA, Oklahoma, Cal. I guess I meant there aren't a lot of games that interest me. Who know though, a lot of times the best games aren't really intriguing match ups on paper.
Mugrila
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:45 pm

Rivals on 5 games to watch this week:

All of the college football world is counting down the minutes for Super Bowl 42.5 between Ohio State and USC, but the rest of the weekend also will be full of quality matchups.

Games on Thursday and Friday match coaches who used to be on the same staff. Greg Schiano and Butch Davis coached together at Miami, and their current teams (Rutgers and North Carolina, respectively,) face off on Thursday night (ESPN, 7:30). However, their game didn't make the cut this week.

One that did matches former Kansas State assistants Jim Leavitt (USF) against Mark Mangino (Kansas) on Friday.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/conte ... CID=848484
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:20 pm

Eeek....i just looked at my local listings to see if I'm gonna be able to watch the Ducks/Boilermakers game this Saturday which ABC is covering, they have "TBA" in the time slot as of now. So I look at this weekends schedule a little closer praying there wont be a California team playing at the same time and of course freaking UCLA is kicking off against BYU the same time. The only thing that gives me any kind of hope is that Oregon has the highest ranking out of the four teams....pshhh what am I thinking....looks like I'm going to be watching the stupid Bruins again this weekend. :,-(
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:40 pm

Metroid wrote:Eeek....i just looked at my local listings to see if I'm gonna be able to watch the Ducks/Boilermakers game this Saturday which ABC is covering, they have "TBA" in the time slot as of now. So I look at this weekends schedule a little closer praying there wont be a California team playing at the same time and of course freaking UCLA is kicking off against BYU the same time. The only thing that gives me any kind of hope is that Oregon has the highest ranking out of the four teams....pshhh what am I thinking....looks like I'm going to be watching the stupid Bruins again this weekend. :,-(

I would move just so I didn't have to watch them :-b
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:34 pm

Very excited to watch my ACC dark horse UNC play, and win outright (have slid from 5.5 to 6 point dogs in the last few hours; my only concern), as well as Kansas, who I think beats South Florida, and still seems to be being underrated.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to College Football