A little help...please and thank you - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

A little help...please and thank you

Moderator: Football Moderators

A little help...please and thank you

Postby Munboy » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:30 am

After a week of procrastinating, and with a week left, I figure it's about time I started on my first speech for my speech class. After a week of not even thinking about it, I decided on doing an informative speech on fantasy football on the spur of the moment when she asked for topics.

Of course, I'll be doing some research myself, but I thought I'd get a little bit of help from you guys to make my life a little easier. Has anybody read any good articles lately about fantasy football? Not the usual play/sit articles, but fantasy football as a whole. Any little bit will help, and I might even do a poll or something later in the week.

Links please!

;-D
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: A little help...please and thank you

Postby knapplc » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:24 am

How is it possible that you've been a member here for almost two years, but can't talk about fantasy football off the top of your head for five minutes?

You gotta do your own homework, my man. ;-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:20 am

WP has probably done some, considering he writes about it for a newspaper. You could ask him. :-? Good luck dude, speeches suck. ;-D
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 8)

Postby dream_017 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:01 pm

You might be able to find something on this site
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby Guru13 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:15 pm

dream_017 wrote:You might be able to find something on this site

there should be a limit to the awfulness you can put on a sig. :-o %-6
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Munboy » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:36 pm

knapplc wrote:How is it possible that you've been a member here for almost two years, but can't talk about fantasy football off the top of your head for five minutes?

You gotta do your own homework, my man. ;-)

I've actually been a member for over two years since this is my second account on here.....

and spoken like a true teacher....
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Munboy » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:37 pm

dream_017 wrote:You might be able to find something on this site

WHOA! How did you find this site?? It's awesome!!!!
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby knapplc » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:39 pm

Don't get mad at me, I didn't do anything wrong. You should do your own homework - you'll learn something that way. And with over two year's experience in fantasy football, you should easily be able to fill up a speech on your own. It's weird that you would ask for help.

And on top of that, you really didn't ask for anything specific, you just wanted us to take the ball and run with it. We have no idea what you're doing in this speech, other than it's about fantasy football. That's a broad enough subject that we wouldn't know where to start.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Munboy » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:45 pm

knapplc wrote:Don't get mad at me, I didn't do anything wrong. You should do your own homework - you'll learn something that way. And with over two year's experience in fantasy football, you should easily be able to fill up a speech on your own. It's weird that you would ask for help.

And on top of that, you really didn't ask for anything specific, you just wanted us to take the ball and run with it. We have no idea what you're doing in this speech, other than it's about fantasy football. That's a broad enough subject that we wouldn't know where to start.

Sorry if it sounded like i was mad. I wasn't. And yea, I can stand up and talk about fantasy football for the required 10 minutes, but I wanted do go deeper into the topic than just the surface talked about here. Like the social aspects of playing. Statics as far as men vs woman players...that type of thing. Like I said, I will be doing research of my own, was just wondering if anybody read any good articles about FF that might be of help. ;-D
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to General Talk