The Bell tolls or Gucci-gate, pt III - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

The Bell tolls or Gucci-gate, pt III

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Bell tolls or Gucci-gate, pt III

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:20 am

We all know that Tatum Bell took Rudi Johnson Gucci bags and that he said it was a mistake. Now the person that Bell has said asked him to get his bags has come forward to say, well you read. This from Mlive.
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2008/09/victor_degrate_refutes_tatum_b.html

Adding perhaps the final nail to the coffin of Tatum Bell's character, former Detroit Lion Victor DeGrate strongly contracted the recently released running back's account of Rudi Johnson's stolen luggage.

September 9, Detroit Free Press: But DeGrate said he never asked Bell to pick up anything. He said he didn't leave behind any backpack, does not know the woman to whom Bell took the bags and has told all of this to the Lions.
"The way I just figure, he got caught up in a jam and that was the best thing going at the time, was to say what he said," DeGrate said.

... Told Bell claimed he took the bags to DeGrate's friend, DeGrate laughed, paused, then said: "If it was my friend that he took them to, then I'm pretty sure I would have had something to do with it more than what I did, which is none."

Alrighty then. I guess we can eagerly await Bell's response. I thinking we will never here from him until his next legal run-in. Or he will come out and say "Oh, no wait. I didn't mean DeGrate, I meant to say that Calib wanted me to get his bags."
I guess this is the kind of football character that Coach NimRod is talking about. Nice job evaluating there, coach.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: The Bell tolls or Gucci-gate, pt III

Postby dream_017 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:38 pm

Do we have an actual count on the number of plays Bell was on the field for? O:-) Over/under 23 :-b
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Detroit Lions