The Legend that was the Cincinnati Bengals - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Legend that was the Cincinnati Bengals

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Legend that was the Cincinnati Bengals

Postby Mr Kite » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:05 am

I sensed trouble this weekend.

"Oh, the Ravens, that's a tough match-up." I told myself. As a Carson Palmer owner I never used to look at the opponent, or for that matter, even question whether or not I was going to start him. But something was different this weekend. "Better put in Kurt Warner, It's safer."

I got Chad John.. excuse me, Ocho Cinco in the ninth round. I agonized over the pick. I didn't want him. But it was the ninth round and I was looking at either him or Reggie Brown. You just can't pass up on that kind of value. *Sigh* Someone had to draft him.

Maybe I should have taken Reggie Brown.

I didn't start Ocho Cinco either. I had Hines Ward (who actually fell even later) and once again, I felt it was the "safer" start last weekend.

What happened. The Bengals were the new St. Louis Rams. They threw the ball all over the place, and scored tons of points. Best of all, their defense had more holes than the O.J. Simpson defense. They were easier to score on than Brittany Spears off her medications.

Carson Palmer completed 10 passes last weekend. He had 6 touchdowns in a game last season.

I see that Tennessee is on the schedule this weekend. Chad Johnson lit them up for 3 touchdowns last season. But it seems to me like a very tough match-up.

I sense trouble.
Mr Kite
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: The Legend that was the Cincinnati Bengals

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:11 pm

I think you're alone on this one ;-7

Palmer had his worst passer rating ever this past week. The offense was god awful, looked very rusty. We will get the kinks worked out, just give it some time. Defensively...we'll that's a different story.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FantasyMan13 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:32 pm

We are no longer an offensive powerhouse, plain and simple. We haven't been for awhile. From afar, that's probably hard to see, but when you live here, it's pretty easy to see. We have no line, are running backs are all mediocre at best, and our playcalling is awful. As of right now, there is not one single "must start" Bengal. Hopefully that changes.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:07 pm

The above is true, in my post I was talking more or less about Palmer and to a lesser extent Hous and 85.

Don't count on a running game from cincy this year whether it be Perry, Watson, DeDe, or Alexander.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby FantasyMan13 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:34 pm

aaawall91 wrote:The above is true, in my post I was talking more or less about Palmer and to a lesser extent Hous and 85.

Don't count on a running game from cincy this year whether it be Perry, Watson, DeDe, or Alexander.

For sure. I cant see starting anyone but those 3 right now. I can't see Chris Henry coming back and making a huge fantasy impact, either. Perry is a decent 3rd or 4th RB, though.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dmacblue » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:42 pm

We're wasting Carsons best years ; a crying shame :~(

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Postby bagobonez » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:50 pm

Definitely starting to regret taking Housh.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FantasyMan13 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:55 pm

Next 6 weeks...

vs TEN
@ NYG
vs CLE
@ DAL
@ NYJ
vs PIT
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Flyn high again » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:44 pm

I won my money league in 2005 with Carson Palmer, Chad JOHNSON and Houshmandzadeh. Don't have a single Bengal on my team this year. Drafting Rudi in the first round last year was the final straw that, for me, broke the Cincy camel's back. What a difference a few years makes...
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby fantasizing » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:30 pm

Just goes to show you yet again how important the O-Line is. It doesn't matter how much talent you have at ur skill positions,
if the O-Line is crap, it all falls apart.

IN contrast, look at Dallas and Philly.

Would Romo and McNabb be as succcesfful if they had the Bengals O-Line to work with??

When you watch Romo and McNabb play, they seemingly have an eternity to the throw the ball.

When Palmer plays, he's running for his life, over and over and over again.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk