NooB Question on Picking FA/WW players. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

NooB Question on Picking FA/WW players.

Moderator: Football Moderators

NooB Question on Picking FA/WW players.

Postby coolgoose » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:34 pm

What am wondering is....

Does our WW priority goes down even when we pick a FA or its affected only when we grab a WW player?

Any Idea on what formula/calculation that Yahoo FF uses to decide the WW priority? When would a priority drop by just 1 and when by a big number?

Thanks,
Coolgoose.
---------------CoolGoose--------------
12 Team 2QB H2H Standard League (Pass 6pts/TD)

QB - Drew Brees
QB - Carson Palmer
WR - Braylon Edwards
WR - Jerricho Cotchery
RB - Michael Turner
RB - Brandon Jacobs
W/R- Thomas Jones
TE - Alge Crumpler
K - Jeff Reed
DEF - Green Bay

BN - Matt leinart
BN - Fred Taylor
BN - Marques Colston
BN - Chris Johnson
BN - Chris Perry
---------------------------------------------
coolgoose
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: NooB Question on Picking FA/WW players.

Postby Spartan03 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:07 pm

Your waiver priority number only falls when you make a successful waiver claim. If you pick up someone on FA status, it's unchanged. Most Yahoo leagues I've seen use a waiver priority system that is reverse of the draft order. Example: you draft 7 out of 10, your priority is 4.
If it doesn't use this, it may use an inverse standings order. No matter what waiver system used, you should always fall from whatever position you were, all the way to the bottom everytime you make a waiver claim. Others start making claims, and you rise in priority again.
Spartan03
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Venom » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:36 pm

Spartan03 wrote:Your waiver priority number only falls when you make a successful waiver claim. If you pick up someone on FA status, it's unchanged. Most Yahoo leagues I've seen use a waiver priority system that is reverse of the draft order. Example: you draft 7 out of 10, your priority is 4.
If it doesn't use this, it may use an inverse standings order. No matter what waiver system used, you should always fall from whatever position you were, all the way to the bottom everytime you make a waiver claim. Others start making claims, and you rise in priority again.

Yup.

And nice team, by the way.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:10 am

Venom wrote:
Spartan03 wrote:Your waiver priority number only falls when you make a successful waiver claim. If you pick up someone on FA status, it's unchanged. Most Yahoo leagues I've seen use a waiver priority system that is reverse of the draft order. Example: you draft 7 out of 10, your priority is 4.

Yup.

And nice team, by the way.

Agreed, & agreed. :-b ;-D

The only thing I will add is that you need to find out if your league resets the waiver priority each week. I'm in leagues where each week the waiver priority order changes to the inverse of that weeks standings. This way the worst teams have top priority each week. Then I'm in leagues where the waiver priority doesn't reset each week...it's just continuous throughout the season. So if you have the #1 waiver priority you can sit on it until a player that everyone really wants becomes the next big waiver wire pickup. I prefer the latter only because it adds a little more stategy to it. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby coolgoose » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:13 am

THanks. Yes I have heard of the Weekly changing scenario. Ours is a standard Yahoo league and I was told that the weekly option isnt directly available on Yahoo league.

I like the my current WW system though, as you said it involves more strategy.
coolgoose
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)

Return to Beginner's Forum