Anyone looking at Pierre Thomas? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anyone looking at Pierre Thomas?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anyone looking at Pierre Thomas?

Postby djtw » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:17 pm

Looks like Pierre is starting for NO with Bush and may get the gig for the rest of the year. Any thoughts on what he may do this year?
DJTW
djtw
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Anyone looking at Pierre Thomas?

Postby Houser33 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:24 pm

Yahoo is hyping him up big time so I'd think he's atleast worth a roster spot. Bush is no iron-man and should he go down Thomas would be the starter. Even if Bush stays healthy all year, I'd think Thomas could muster 1000 YFS and 4-8 TD's.
Houser33
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:26 pm

He's starting? This is news to me...But I picked him up late in as many redraft leagues as I could, especially deeper leagues, always want to look for diamond in the roughs when it comes to Rb's and I didn't trust Deuce this year or Bush for that matter to stay healthy all year...If he can perform around what he did last week he's worth a flex play, if he can really start to increase his workload here in the next few weeks he could end up a steal, I'd suggest most give him a look now while he might be available before its too late.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby PuntinFool » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:32 pm

Give him a look as his young legs with low mileage should help that offense. However, I chalked up last week's results (as with Norwood's) to an offense blowing out another team, high possession time, and Bush getting a lot of work (thus needing some rest). I didn't watch the game (which might already disqualify my opinion) but I'm curious if the same production will occur as time goes on. Did Thomas get his yards throughout all four quarters or only after the game was in hand?
Retired (temporarily?) from fantasy football.
PuntinFool
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Houser33 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:45 pm

I wouldnt exactly call it 'starting', per se, but the carries for him and Bush should be about 50/50. You have to realize that the Saints main objective is to get Bush the ball so even if Pierre is lined up in the backfield for %80 of most plays he wont necessarily be the go to guy.

On the other hand, teams are definitely going to start keying on Bush defensively which should open things up for the entire offense, including Thomas.
Houser33
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:47 pm

PuntinFool wrote:Give him a look as his young legs with low mileage should help that offense. However, I chalked up last week's results (as with Norwood's) to an offense blowing out another team

The Saints and the Bucs was not a blow out, it was a close game on down to the end of the 4th quarter, and it was actually back and forth quite a bit, far from a blowout like the Atlanta game.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby JasonSeahorn » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:57 pm

Assuming McAllister can't go, Thomas is the favorite for short yardage work and goal-line work...basically situations that Bush is not great at. Worth grabbing if you have the room, and if Bush were to go down he would make a great play since the Saints offense in general is pretty strong.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KELLYLEAK » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:25 pm

Question,

I'm one of the believers that thinks Deuce is done. Any New Orleans fans know the pecking order with Pierre thomas and Aaron Stecker. I know Stecker has a hamstring injury- but when he returns is Pierre the #2 man to Deuce? I'm guessing Bush doesn't get the goaline carries- although the offense still goes through him.
KELLYLEAK
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 39)

Postby Flyn high again » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:54 pm

I picked Thomas up earlier in the week. Dropped Deuce and replaced him with Thomas.

However... I dropped Thomas today in order to grab Eddie Royal. Why, you ask? I am LOADED at RB and needed WR help. If Royal looks 1/2 as good as he did Monday night, he will be a solid WR3 or even WR2.

Here's my RB line up for the doubters among you:

Adrien Peterson RB1
Jamal Lewis RB2
Michael Turner Flex
Felix Jones Bench
Sammy Morris Bench
Pierre Thomas Sent to waivers
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby waterproof » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:03 pm

I just picked Thomas up. Reading through the Colston injury thread, some people seem to think Colston's injury could help Thomas...

It might just be wishful thinking, but I'd like to see them be right. linK: viewtopic.php?t=394098

For the poster above me, I think you dropped the wrong RB. Thomas has more potential than Sammy Morris IMO.
waterproof
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk