Anyone looking at Pierre Thomas? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anyone looking at Pierre Thomas?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Anyone looking at Pierre Thomas?

Postby InsertNameHere » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:02 pm

Im thin at RB rigt now but honestly, Im not sure Stecker would be worth the pickup...regardless of any speculation, doesn't this start up a Duece/Thomas/Stecker RBBC for the next 4 weeks. Im not really sure if I want any piece of it...
InsertNameHere
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kareighuis » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:37 pm

Thomas gets 88 yards rushing (on 16 carries) and 56 yards receiving and 1 rushing TD.

Yeah, he played 32nd ranked rush D, but next week they play the 28th ranked rush D.

Change the perspective of anyone?
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby mikus » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:50 am

Slightly, yes. I think it looks like Pierre is taking the reigns from Deuce again with the looming suspension and the fact that McAllister has not run the ball that effectively lately.

Reggie Bush is expected to return Monday night, and that certainly will have an effect on Thomas' value. I think the pecking order is Bush > Thomas > McAllister right now, but that is subject to change. Sean Payton likes to go with the hot hand opposite Bush.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby chchelse » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:21 pm

mikus wrote:Slightly, yes. I think it looks like Pierre is taking the reigns from Deuce again with the looming suspension and the fact that McAllister has not run the ball that effectively lately.

Reggie Bush is expected to return Monday night, and that certainly will have an effect on Thomas' value. I think the pecking order is Bush > Thomas > McAllister right now, but that is subject to change. Sean Payton likes to go with the hot hand opposite Bush.

The New Orleans Times-Picayune reports that Deuce McAllister's days as a Saint could be numbered.
His $7.3 million salary cap number next season is feature back money, not role player money, and that's what he's been lately. Monday could actually be his last game at the Superdome pending his appeal of his four-game suspension.

If this is true, it only makes sense to phase Deuce out and see what they have in Thomas. I would not be surprised if Thomas' number of carries increase significantly for the rest of the year.
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby TGM » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:29 pm

chchelse wrote:
mikus wrote:Slightly, yes. I think it looks like Pierre is taking the reigns from Deuce again with the looming suspension and the fact that McAllister has not run the ball that effectively lately.

The New Orleans Times-Picayune reports that Deuce McAllister's days as a Saint could be numbered.
His $7.3 million salary cap number next season is feature back money, not role player money, and that's what he's been lately. Monday could actually be his last game at the Superdome pending his appeal of his four-game suspension.

If this is true, it only makes sense to phase Deuce out and see what they have in Thomas. I would not be surprised if Thomas' number of carries increase significantly for the rest of the year.

I realize this may not be the right forum for this question, but...would you all cut DMac for him?
TGM
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kareighuis » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:14 pm

TGM wrote:I realize this may not be the right forum for this question, but...would you all cut DMac for him?

Depends... how important is DMac to your team? If he's a benchwarmer, yeah, I'd do it. If you're constantly starting him (a guy in one of my leagues is forced to every week), then probably not, unless you can flex out to 4 RBs, like one of my leagues can. I'd consider dropping my lowest player instead.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Flyn high again » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:18 pm

The Deuce suspension situation reminds me of last year. Denver had an upcoming suspension for Travis Henry and people held onto Selvin Young for weeks waiting for the suspension. That one dragged out long enough to make keeping Selvin on the bench a waste of a roster spot. Once again, it's wait and see what [and when] the NFL decides to do about the suspension question.

I dumped my most useless bench player [Orton] and grabbed Thomas today because he has a great week 16 match up [Detroit]. If the entire string of necessary events happens [Deuce is suspended, Bush is unable to play], Thomas would make a great Flex option.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Crystalstorm » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:06 am

Flyn high again wrote:The Deuce suspension situation reminds me of last year. Denver had an upcoming suspension for Travis Henry and people held onto Selvin Young for weeks waiting for the suspension. That one dragged out long enough to make keeping Selvin on the bench a waste of a roster spot. Once again, it's wait and see what [and when] the NFL decides to do about the suspension question.

I dumped my most useless bench player [Orton] and grabbed Thomas today because he has a great week 16 match up [Detroit]. If the entire string of necessary events happens [Deuce is suspended, Bush is unable to play], Thomas would make a great Flex option.

If all that happened,he'd be a low end RB #1 against Detroit,and not a just a flex option.Don't forget Stecker is out for the year also.In a PPR League he'd be a solid RB #1 play.
Crystalstorm
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sirchadwick1 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:52 am

Pierre Thomas over Felix Jones?
2010 12-team .5PPR
QB - Ryan, Vick
RB - S. Greene, Forte, Stewart, F. Jones, Sproles
WR - Moss, Megatron, NYG Smith, Floyd, M. Williams (TB)
TE - Cooley
D - CIN (week to week)
K - Bironas
sirchadwick1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby stomperrob » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:32 am

Stecker just went on IR so he's not in the equation anymore:
viewtopic.php?t=427571
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk