I like either the Giants or Seattle
slick0522
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Survivor Week 2

Postby Old_Style » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:39 pm

The Giants look like the best pick for week two. I'm not saying it's likely, but I wouldn't be surprised if the 49ers upset the Seahawks.

I'm really tempted to take Green Bay. I can see the Packers hanging 35+ on the Lions. (I know that going against the home team in a divisional game is a no-no, but it's the Lions for crying out loud! :-D )
"Jay is our quarterback."
Old_Style
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bobbing_headz » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:53 pm

Giants against the Rams. The Rams are by far the worst team in the league right now. Take advantage of that. I believe Pace is injured (correct me if I'm wrong) and their O-Line is pretty bad. Giants should smoke them.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:22 pm

I like the Giants and Packers this week.
The Giants are a clearly superior team playing a Rams squad that looks like it needs a new coach. To be so dishevelled this early in the season is Lion-esque and screams bad coaching.
My fav play would be the Packers defying the Monday night jinx and trucking the Lions. Ryan Grant averaged 7 ypc vs the Vikes run D. How good do you think he will do vs a Lions D that just now missed another tackle?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby spodog » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:21 pm

bdrotoronto wrote:
BALCO All-Stars wrote: I don't trust Eli enough on the road

The Giants have won 10 straight games on the road?.. :-? I'd trust them more there than at home..

Yup.

Taking the Giants as well.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby petedog9 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:01 am

Heres one I havent seen as of yet... I like Kansas CIty at home against a feuding Raiders coaching staff.... The raiders did beat KC last year in KC but the Faders have lost the previous 9 times that they have played in KC..... ;-D
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby killiansjmd » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:31 am

bigh0rt wrote:I think the Giants at home are the safest bet this week. It pains me to say it.

Giants are on the road this week but I still think they too are the safest pick this week.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby 011472 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:50 pm

I'm going with Houston at home on Monday night against the Ravens. I've got no faith that the Ravens can win another game before November.
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Big Game JLo » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:19 am

Mark another one here taking Arizona over Miami. ;-D
Big Game JLo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby My team is injured » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:55 am

I'd say Pitt, Zona, and the G-men are the 3 games I would choose from for Survivor this week. I know some may be hesitant to pick the Steelers against a divisional rival in a prime-time road game, but I like this game as the best lock. Pitt also runs a 3-4 with a better group of LBs than the Boys and though Dallas has a better secondary, they were minus their best corner in Newman while shutting down the Cleveland offense last week. Cleveland still will likely be without Stalworth as well as Jurevicious, and their defense is trash, particularly in the secondary now that they traded Bodden in the off-season. Their home crowd also may get on Anderson and the team if they fall behind, and Cleveland couldn't beat Pitt last year at home when they were riding a high and locked in offensively.

As for Seattle-San Fran, I'd recommend staying away from picking Seattle as I think San Fran is going to win this game, though I'd feel more comfortable picking the Niners if the game were in SF. Still, Seattle's offensive injuries have stripped them of every legit wideout, a starting 0-lineman, and one of their top RBs for this week's game. As for SF, they were down only 7 early in the 4th quarter against Zona despite losing the turnover battle 4-0 at that point (ended up losing it 5-0). While I think they'll likewise have a few turnovers and sacks that stall drives this week against a pretty good Seattle defense, I don't see Seattle doing too much with the turnovers and good field position, and I don't see the turnover battle being as lopsided (say something like 3-2 or 4-2). On the other hand, I think SF will put up some points on a few drives that don't stall out or end in TOs, which I think will be enough to get them a W. At the least, I'd recommend against picking Seattle when I think some other match-ups are much safer picks (of course, Indy and SD lost in apparent easy match-ups last week so who knows).
All of my analysis is based on PPR
My team is injured
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk