James' return&Wayne's emergence...consequences on Harrison?! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

James' return&Wayne's emergence...consequences on Harrison?!

Moderator: Football Moderators

James' return&Wayne's emergence...consequences on Harrison?!

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:02 pm

Alright, last year, Marvin caught 144 balls. That's literally insane and I doubt anybody thought he'd do it again. Now, Wayne has emerged as a strong #2 catching many passes and Edge is back. Dungy appears to like giving Edge at least 25-30 carries a game, thus taking a lot of emphasis off Marvin Harrison. Now that Peyton doesn't have to hit Harrison on all routes because he has Wayne takes even more emphasis off him.

Now here's my question.

Although Harrison will probably get less looks, will he actually get better stats because the Colts have more threats now, so that the defense can't focus on him? Will the good outweight the bad or the bad outweigh the good?

I'm thinking of making a deal for Harrison using Stephen Davis and perhaps Peerless Price. My league gives 1 point per reception, 6 per TD, and 20 yds. per pt. Thus, Harrison is probably a better player than Davis, right (I have Faulk/Tomlinson at RB)?

Thanks for the help.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:13 pm

Kind of depends on your roster about the trade. but about Marvin, I don't think his numbers will be anywhere near as good. You can say that he will be better because he won't get doube teamed, but the thing about top notch WRs is that thye can catch the ball no matter how many defenders are on them. He will have a good year, but nowhere near good as last.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby 9er Fan » Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:50 pm

He'll have more TDs, fewer receptions, and fewer yards. Fantasy points will be about the same. Just look at his production back when Edge was a premier back and had 600 receiving yards/year.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:59 pm

Well, here's my team (for next week). I hope y'all don't mind since there's a rate a team board, too.

QB Griese
RB Tomlinson
RB M. Faulk
WR Boston
WR Coles
TE Empty for now
WR/RB S. Davis
WR/RB Boldin
WR/TE C. Johnson
Bench Garcia
Bench Vick
Bench Horn
Bench Stallworth
Bench Price
Bench Reed

Defense Carolina

D D. Brooks
DL Peppers
DB R. Williams

Thanks a lot. I'm really not sure right now, since it's good to have flexibility with three RBs with the flex spots. But, Davis is on a very conservative team and won't get many scoring chances.

Friendliness: %

Postby moochman » Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:45 pm

There is one factor that needs to be considered. I have him on my ff team, thus killing his production. How else can you explian 4 lousey points last week!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Football Talk