Dissention and Revolt - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Dissention and Revolt

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Dissention and Revolt

Postby mateo150 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:49 am

Parity, got it, thought something looked strange. Thanks for the input folks, although I think some of you missed the question. Just to recap:

-8 Man league with a one free agent pickup per week rule, with first pick going to worst record on up to best record. This was clearly communicated before the draft. To help with bye weeks, we have 19 roster spots and 1 IR spot. Also, in an 8 man league, injury shouldn't be as much of an issue either, especially with the additional roster spots. My sig is an example of an average 8 man team.
-One team, we'll call Bradyless, had Brady and Coleston. He felt he should get an extra pick for Brady going on IR. This isn't in the rules. He also wanted to change the one pick per week rule and have an open free agency. So he wanted to either add a rule, or change the rule.
-I posted here. People felt the rule was so egregious that even though everyone in the league agreed to the one pickup rule, it should be changed. You would have thought a one pickup rule was a Nazi policy or something. Anyway, maybe he was handcuffed by the rule in this rare circumstance moreso than someone with Brady & Coleston in a open FA league (I still do not think so and no one's given me a good reason or comparison that it has). I put it up to a league vote.
-League vote was to keep the rules as is.
-Bradyless has quieted down since I spoke with him last night, I explained to him how the one pickup rule actually helps him FAR more than an open free agency in his current situation, he finally saw the light.

I will probably keep the rules the same next year, but will add an amendment allowing the purchase of additional free agents after the regular pickups have been made. We'll use actual money or a fake fantasy bankroll.

Dunno why some people thought I disagreed and challenged every suggestion, I actually agreed with most of them...

I'm curious as to free agency, I'm going to make a relevantly questioned topic here:

viewtopic.php?f=238&t=403417
QB - McNabb, Rivers, Cutler
RB - A. Peterson, Lynch, Forte, Ryan Grant, S. Young, C. Taylor
WR - Fitz, Chambers, Galloway, Burleson
TE - Shockey, Heath Miller
Tennessee D, Jacksonville D
Vinitieri
8 man league
mateo150 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football