Reggie Bush...sell high. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Reggie Bush...sell high.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Reggie Bush...sell high.

Postby Azrael » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:11 pm

I can't believe all the hype I'm reading about Bush. Yes he had a great game. It's the type of performance we want to see from Reggie all the time but it's not the type we should expect.

He carried the ball 14 times for 51 yards, 3.7 per pop, right on his average the last 2 years. The guy simply can't run between the tackles. Thomas or Deuce or Stecker will take those rushing touches down to ten-ish a game. And you are looking at more like 35-40 yards average per game. And he's not likely to get the GL carries either.

8 catches for 112 yards and a TD, an anomaly. Bush has had 3 other 100+ receiving games in his career, each of which was accompanied by 1 monster reception to bolster his final numbers. This is not normal in the catch or yardage department. Expect more like 5-6 catches for 40-50 yards.

If you are a Bush owner in a non-PPR league and can use him to obtain a solid feature back (I've seen people suggesting starting him over Lynch and solid feature backs) or high No. 2 WR or even No. 1 receiver I would strongly suggest peddling this guy. He is a major tease and will give you fits during the course of the year...6 points this week, 7 points that week, boom 25 points just as you get tired of him bogging down your lineup.

If you need further convincing just go back to last year when Reggie had the feature role and largely struggled (considering the offense he was in) while the Saints rolled up the points. Along comes Stecker and Pierre Thomas once Bush was hurt and suddenly they put up solid performances each week.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Reggie Bush...sell high.

Postby MrTwo94 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:16 pm

Yes. He, Michael Turner, and Matt Forte are all prime candidates to sell high. People who don't trade these three away will regret it later. Forte has a crappy o-line and no passing game, Turner will not play Detroit's terrible D every week, and Bush will only have a couple more long TD receptions to go along w/his pedestrian rushing totals.
MrTwo94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Munboy » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:17 pm

SELL!

If you some how snagged Bush after getting RB1 and 2, he's a good flex. Other than that, he's....serviceable as a RB2....some weeks.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby JasonSeahorn » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:23 pm

He's the true definition of a "home run hitter". As Azrael pointed out, Bush will have many short carries/receptions with the hope that one of them will break out for a long TD. Although I think you could do worse at RB2 than Bush, he is often drafted way ahead of where he should be in non-ppr leagues.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:31 pm

With Bush becoming either the #1 receiving weapon or 1A along with Shockey, I think you should hold on to him for one more week. They are playing Washington who got gashed on the ground, and the Saints are a better offense than the Giants. Without Colston he should see a few more looks. Another good performance and you can get a lot for him. Depends on what you are getting right now, of course.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:49 pm

Ignore this entire thread if you own him in a PPR.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:05 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:Ignore this entire thread if you own him in a PPR.
Words of wisdom right here.

5-6 catches for 40-50 yards, rushing for about 50+ yards and a TD here and there with an occasional big play is all I'd ever ask for him and all I'd ever want from him.

I'm keeping my Reggie Bush and I believe he's going to have a fine season. He should be a major part of the Saints offense this year. Especially this next month with Colston out they will look to him even more in the passing game. He'll have more than 3 100 yard receiving games this season alone.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby AllDay » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:25 pm

I think he's going to be teh awesome in PPR leagues.

Regular leagues I think he'll produce 3rd-4th round value if he stay healthy. The combined yards are almost a given - and I think he has a good shot at double digit TD's this year.

If you can get higher value then that sure I'd trade him - but I wouldn't be worried about production. A solid RB2 you start every week IMO.
What Would Purple Jesus Do?
AllDay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby woodson_28 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:07 pm

I traded him this week for B. Edwards. I am in a PPR league, but we also give 3 bonus points for 100+ rec or rush yrds. Therefore, Bush would have to put up like 80 rec yrds (8pts) and 50 rush yrds (5pts) just to equal 100 total rec yrds (13 pts). I'm willing to bet that Edwards has more 100 yrds rec in him than bush has 130 total yrds per game.

I think he's a sell high candidate here.
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Lung » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:46 am

bobbing_headz wrote:Ignore this entire thread if you own him in a PPR.

Pretty much what it comes down to. Bush is barely a RB3 / flex play in standard leagues.

In PPR leagues, he is one of the top 5. ;-D ;-D ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Next

Return to Football Talk