Reggie Bush...sell high. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Reggie Bush...sell high.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Reggie Bush...sell high.

Postby SniperShot » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:48 pm

Horrible day for Reggie.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7511
(Past Year: 14)
Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fairfax, VA

Re: Reggie Bush...sell high.

Postby mikus » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:46 pm

treat24 wrote:My statements were strictly meant fantasy wise :)


Totally cool. And for the record, I targeted him in ZERO of my redraft leagues and EVERY ONE of my PPR leagues. ;-D
Image
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 4658
Joined: 20 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Re: Reggie Bush...sell high.

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:48 pm

mikus wrote:
treat24 wrote:My statements were strictly meant fantasy wise :)


Totally cool. And for the record, I targeted him in ZERO of my redraft leagues and EVERY ONE of my PPR leagues. ;-D


Which has been Treat and I's argument from the start of this thread. He is solid in PPR leagues (even today he scored 8.8 on his horrible day), but in standard he was worth a sell high
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Re: Reggie Bush...sell high.

Postby mikus » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:59 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Which has been Treat and I's argument from the start of this thread. He is solid in PPR leagues (even today he scored 8.8 on his horrible day), but in standard he was worth a sell high


Well I am with you guys there. If you hold onto him in a redraft, he has to be one of your starters every week IMO. You cannot afford to miss his 20+ point weeks. But with the good comes the bad, and you should undoubtedly expect weeks like these. High risk, high reward.
Image
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 4658
Joined: 20 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Re: Reggie Bush...sell high.

Postby totalair32 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:51 pm

High risk high reward, he's just like a WR, he's going to have his weeks where they pick up on him in the receiving game. Hopefully with the re-emergence of Duece, it should free up Reggie and put some pressure on opposing defenses.
totalair32
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 1918
Joined: 25 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Reggie Bush...sell high.

Postby mikus » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:15 pm

totalair32 wrote:Hopefully with the re-emergence of Duece, it should free up Reggie and put some pressure on opposing defenses.


I am not so sure the re-emergence of Deuce is a great thing for Bush's value. You saw it today: Deuce touched the ball 20 times. That means less touches for Reggie, and less carries especially. Less touches = less value. Remember that he ran pretty well last week against Denver, so if he is not getting those opportunities, well, you see what can happen. Reggie = more WR, less RB with more Deuce, which means more inconsistency. Without using him as a double threat, defenses know what is coming when Reggie is on the field, and will make the Saints use other weapons -- like they did today -- to beat them.
Image
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 4658
Joined: 20 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Re: Reggie Bush...sell high.

Postby Azrael » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:36 pm

The guy's a walking landmine, just like I said. *Boom* dud *Boom* dud
Image
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 8283
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Keeping da cafe sucka free for 9 years straight

Re: Reggie Bush...sell high.

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:01 am

Azrael wrote:The guy's a walking landmine, just like I said. *Boom* dud *Boom* dud


Nice ;-D :-b

Between he and Barber my team is now the armless, legless, scoreless wonder of the world.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16300
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Re: Reggie Bush...sell high.

Postby totalair32 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:01 pm

mikus wrote:
totalair32 wrote:Hopefully with the re-emergence of Duece, it should free up Reggie and put some pressure on opposing defenses.


I am not so sure the re-emergence of Deuce is a great thing for Bush's value. You saw it today: Deuce touched the ball 20 times. That means less touches for Reggie, and less carries especially. Less touches = less value. Remember that he ran pretty well last week against Denver, so if he is not getting those opportunities, well, you see what can happen. Reggie = more WR, less RB with more Deuce, which means more inconsistency. Without using him as a double threat, defenses know what is coming when Reggie is on the field, and will make the Saints use other weapons -- like they did today -- to beat them.


If Deuce runs like he did against 49ers, its like Pierre Thomas just with yardage. The 49ers clearly had a game plan to contain Reggie, and the Saints were forced to feed Deuce ball and throw to others. Throughout the game, all the wide receivers were down field and in single coverage, b/c they the 49ers were forced to bring there safeties up to account for Bush. By adding the element of McCallister and the down field receiving bombs, defenses will have to spread out more, and won't be able to stack against Bush. 10-15 carries a game and 7-8 receptions is more then enough for him to do his damage. That's all he was getting before Duece, with the exception of the Broncos game.
totalair32
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 1918
Joined: 25 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Reggie Bush...sell high.

Postby mattUTD20 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:27 pm

So with Colston and Shockey set to return, how does this effect Reggie's value going forward? (ppr and non ppr)
"Maurice Jones-Drew, below the waist, is incredible." Mike Mayock

Cafe Leagues

Eat Cheese Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 1
Ball Breakers Keeper (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 3 PvYr: 2
4th and Goal Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 9
mattUTD20
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1409
Joined: 22 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 12:29 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact