Reggie Bush...sell high.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Reggie Bush...sell high.

Postby SniperShot » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:48 pm

Horrible day for Reggie.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mikus » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:46 pm

treat24 wrote:My statements were strictly meant fantasy wise :)

Totally cool. And for the record, I targeted him in ZERO of my redraft leagues and EVERY ONE of my PPR leagues. ;-D
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:48 pm

mikus wrote:
treat24 wrote:My statements were strictly meant fantasy wise :)

Totally cool. And for the record, I targeted him in ZERO of my redraft leagues and EVERY ONE of my PPR leagues. ;-D

Which has been Treat and I's argument from the start of this thread. He is solid in PPR leagues (even today he scored 8.8 on his horrible day), but in standard he was worth a sell high
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mikus » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:59 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Which has been Treat and I's argument from the start of this thread. He is solid in PPR leagues (even today he scored 8.8 on his horrible day), but in standard he was worth a sell high

Well I am with you guys there. If you hold onto him in a redraft, he has to be one of your starters every week IMO. You cannot afford to miss his 20+ point weeks. But with the good comes the bad, and you should undoubtedly expect weeks like these. High risk, high reward.
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby totalair32 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:51 pm

High risk high reward, he's just like a WR, he's going to have his weeks where they pick up on him in the receiving game. Hopefully with the re-emergence of Duece, it should free up Reggie and put some pressure on opposing defenses.
totalair32
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby mikus » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:15 pm

totalair32 wrote:Hopefully with the re-emergence of Duece, it should free up Reggie and put some pressure on opposing defenses.

I am not so sure the re-emergence of Deuce is a great thing for Bush's value. You saw it today: Deuce touched the ball 20 times. That means less touches for Reggie, and less carries especially. Less touches = less value. Remember that he ran pretty well last week against Denver, so if he is not getting those opportunities, well, you see what can happen. Reggie = more WR, less RB with more Deuce, which means more inconsistency. Without using him as a double threat, defenses know what is coming when Reggie is on the field, and will make the Saints use other weapons -- like they did today -- to beat them.
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Azrael » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:36 pm

The guy's a walking landmine, just like I said. *Boom* dud *Boom* dud
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:01 am

Azrael wrote:The guy's a walking landmine, just like I said. *Boom* dud *Boom* dud

Nice ;-D :-b

Between he and Barber my team is now the armless, legless, scoreless wonder of the world.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby totalair32 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:01 pm

mikus wrote:
totalair32 wrote:Hopefully with the re-emergence of Duece, it should free up Reggie and put some pressure on opposing defenses.

I am not so sure the re-emergence of Deuce is a great thing for Bush's value. You saw it today: Deuce touched the ball 20 times. That means less touches for Reggie, and less carries especially. Less touches = less value. Remember that he ran pretty well last week against Denver, so if he is not getting those opportunities, well, you see what can happen. Reggie = more WR, less RB with more Deuce, which means more inconsistency. Without using him as a double threat, defenses know what is coming when Reggie is on the field, and will make the Saints use other weapons -- like they did today -- to beat them.

If Deuce runs like he did against 49ers, its like Pierre Thomas just with yardage. The 49ers clearly had a game plan to contain Reggie, and the Saints were forced to feed Deuce ball and throw to others. Throughout the game, all the wide receivers were down field and in single coverage, b/c they the 49ers were forced to bring there safeties up to account for Bush. By adding the element of McCallister and the down field receiving bombs, defenses will have to spread out more, and won't be able to stack against Bush. 10-15 carries a game and 7-8 receptions is more then enough for him to do his damage. That's all he was getting before Duece, with the exception of the Broncos game.
totalair32
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby mattUTD20 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:27 pm

So with Colston and Shockey set to return, how does this effect Reggie's value going forward? (ppr and non ppr)
"Maurice Jones-Drew, below the waist, is incredible." Mike Mayock

Cafe Leagues

Eat Cheese Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 1
Ball Breakers Keeper (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 3 PvYr: 2
4th and Goal Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 9
mattUTD20
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk