Run and Pass defenses? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Run and Pass defenses?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Run and Pass defenses?

Postby cimmstlttm » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:02 pm

HI, is there a site or a statistics that I can look at to tell which teams have good run defenses or pass defenses? I'd like to be able to figure out on my own which defenses would match my RBs and WRs would match up well with.
cimmstlttm
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Run and Pass defenses?

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:03 am

cimmstlttm wrote:HI, is there a site or a statistics that I can look at to tell which teams have good run defenses or pass defenses? I'd like to be able to figure out on my own which defenses would match my RBs and WRs would match up well with.

Welcome to the Cafe! ;-D

Here you go: http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

nfl.com lets you sort through all sorts of "team" stats. 1 weeks' worth of stats is a little hard to go by though. It should help more once we get deeper into the season. I hope that helps. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Re: Run and Pass defenses?

Postby joejlitz » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:24 am

Good luck. I go there a lot to determine which DEF to start each week as well by comparing how many turnovers/sacks the DEF has vs. how many turnovers/sacks the opposing offense has made. This usually works better after the middle of the season once the team finally begins to develop an identity.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Return to Beginner's Forum