15 freaking roster moves already........ - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

15 freaking roster moves already........

Moderator: Football Moderators

15 freaking roster moves already........

Postby fimk3777 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:28 pm

I think that is completely nuts. Dropping and then adding the same players. Someone catches a pass, he runs and picks him up. Drops him 2 days later. It is nonsense and it is messing up the league. This guy is normal or not? I have never seen this type of activity before and I have played for years. It was not an auto pick draft, he drafted his team. Yahoo league, he can pick up and drop as many FA's as he wants, waiver priority only for players on waivers. What to do about this punk, or am I over reacting..................
fimk3777
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 15 freaking roster moves already........

Postby Motown Blues » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:14 pm

Well, as much as this is a TON of roster moves this early...if the guys he is picking up are of no real consequence ("Someone catches a pass, he runs and picks him up. Drops him 2 days later."), how is he really messing up the league? Personally, I am a believer in letting managers do as they will. Let him pick up and drop all he wants.
Motown Blues
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby fimk3777 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:32 pm

Yeah, I know, but to me it's about strategy and the draft, not being the geek who has a laptop on during the game and is the first to grab someone...........

Annoying.
fimk3777
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby glackk » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:34 am

Not much rule changing you can do now that the league has started.

The solution for the future would be to put a season or weekly cap on the number of moves, or have all FA players go to on waivers until a day or two after the last game.

The more annoying thing to me in this situation would be to always have the best 20 or so FAs on waivers instead of FA.
glackk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:56 am

Rosters should lock from the first game until Waivers (Say Tuesday night) to prevent people from camping out on the computer.

That said, 15 moves isnt that much this early. Ive made at least that many. I probably shuffled through 10-12 players in my bottom spots during the preseason as news broke on who was backing up who. Then when I lost Brady and Garcia I grabbed 4 new QBs, to see who shook out, and dropped some backups to open those spots.

Next week I will probably drop 1-2 of those QBs and grab whoever looked good.

With waivers though I dont have to sit in front of the computer during the games.
Bobbleheadrusty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MMeFFLBoss » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:33 pm

glackk wrote:
The solution for the future would be to put a season or weekly cap on the number of moves, or have all FA players go to on waivers until a day or two after the last game.

I would have to agree on this suggestion, either a cap or in some manner FA Money/points. Before each season, each team is given a limited number of FA Dollars (points). They can bid on what free agents are available. But once the FA Dollars are used up, they can no longer acquire anyone except in a trade.

This might not help in the first few weeks of a season, but towards the mid-season or more important, Play-Offs, it virtually becomes critical. Besides, it cuts down on player movement on any transaction happy owners.
MMeFFLBoss
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:19 am

fimk3777 wrote:Yeah, I know, but to me it's about strategy and the draft, not being the geek who has a laptop on during the game and is the first to grab someone...........

Annoying.

Agreed. I have 3 words for you: waiver priority system. ;-D All serious leagues use it and it's the only way to go IMO. I hate playing in free yahoo leagues because they only offer 1st come 1st serve all the time...which is a joke. :-t

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby fimk3777 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:09 am

thank you all, I feel better venting and knowing it is not just me! I just noticed Yahoo also has a 'max moves per week setting'. I think that is new as I have never seen it before. Obviously it is too late as this season is already started, but next year I will only play in a league that prohibits this nonsense.............good luck this weekend all.
fimk3777
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby LS2throwed » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:50 pm

Yea you just need a waiver system that locks players sunday, now I hate ESPN because it locks them Sunday to like Thursday, so not only do people who weren't at the computer have time for adds but guys who are clueless on Tuesday of who to get still have extra days to figure out who made some noise...With that said, even if you feel its annoying you really can't blame the guy for not doing anything illegal, if he picks up a player and drops them immediately, the dropped player goes right back into FA, he has to be on his team at least 24 hrs to go into waivers, so I see nothing wrong...I know another gun happy owner in my league, and being fast on guys who are productive early in the season was how he ended up with guys like Colston and Anderson...Sometimes I go out with my girl and watch the game at a bar and those leagues I just miss out, other weekends I watch the games with my laptop in front of me and if there is an add to be made please believe I'll make it asap.

15 isn't that many really, the only time I have a problem with this is when it turns to roster churning, which is purposely picking up players and dropping them a day later to put them on waivers, or in other words making adds/drops to screw with the rest of the league...If he's just looking for the next sleeper I see no problem with him being super active, its going to slow down after guys get their teams set because nobody wants to drop any of their guys...But like these guys said, you would probably need a league with a limit on roster moves, personally I don't do any of those leagues because I primarily make more moves then anyone and love that freedom, but that sounds perfect for what your looking for.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Angry_Amish » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:19 pm

Yeah, we had a guy like that last year, he even added and then dropped the same player the same day!!! So for this year I allow 17 free trades and then charge $ per trade after that - it calmed him down. The other thing you can do, as was mentioned here, is only allow so many trades per week next year.

On the other hand, I like my managers to get involved and participate, better than the guy who talks no smack and makes no moves - it's all about having fun!

btw, he should get tired of it soon, he'll learn eventually.
Angry_Amish
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner