15 freaking roster moves already........ - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

15 freaking roster moves already........

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 15 freaking roster moves already........

Postby Script-Ohio » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:29 am

It's not really a big deal imo. His roster is no bigger than yours and when he adds someone he has to drop someone just like anyone else. Whether you make a ton of moves or not that many moves, whoever makes the smartest moves is still gonna be the guy standing at the end of the day.
Script-Ohio
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby spodog » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:14 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
fimk3777 wrote:Yeah, I know, but to me it's about strategy and the draft, not being the geek who has a laptop on during the game and is the first to grab someone...........

Annoying.

Agreed. I have 3 words for you: waiver priority system. ;-D All serious leagues use it and it's the only way to go IMO. I hate playing in free yahoo leagues because they only offer 1st come 1st serve all the time...which is a joke. :-t

Actually, serious leagues don't use a Waiver priority system. On a scale of 1 to 10, FCFS only is a zero, totally agree. Waiver priority system based upon reverse record is also a 0. Other WPS are about a 2 or 2.5.

Serious league's use bidding sytems.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:38 am

I said this before, but I've probably AVERAGED 3-5 moves a week with my team this season. Now, part of that is injuries have left me scrambling, but I dont think that is even that ridiculous

Looking at the last 10 days

Dropped J. Hester for McKie
Dealt McKie and Rudi for D. Ward and a future 4th (rookie draft)
Dealt Marvin Harrison for a future 1st (rookie draft)
Added Dexter Jackson
Dropped TB Def
Dropped Kolby Smith
Traded future 4th(rookie Draft) for Bulger
Demoted Collins and Garcia
Promoted Sproles and Forsett

And I have a 2 for 1 deal for S Jax pending at the moment, which means 2 more moves.

most of those are speculative deals. you grab a guy based on injury hoping he shows something (Jackson, Hester). When they don't you try again the next week.

It netted me Grant last year (and cost me Graham).
Bobbleheadrusty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:33 pm

spodog wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:
fimk3777 wrote:Yeah, I know, but to me it's about strategy and the draft, not being the geek who has a laptop on during the game and is the first to grab someone...........

Annoying.

Agreed. I have 3 words for you: waiver priority system. ;-D All serious leagues use it and it's the only way to go IMO. I hate playing in free yahoo leagues because they only offer 1st come 1st serve all the time...which is a joke. :-t

Actually, serious leagues don't use a Waiver priority system. On a scale of 1 to 10, FCFS only is a zero, totally agree. Waiver priority system based upon reverse record is also a 0. Other WPS are about a 2 or 2.5.

Well I'm in 11 leagues. All are serious leagues. 1 uses a bidding system. 2 unfortunately are on free yahoo so they're FCFS. The other 8 use a waiver priority system. I guess I'm only in 1 serious league. :-t :-t

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby Aberfoyle » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:50 pm

Talk about frustrating this is happening to me as well. I am in a espn league with the waiver lock until thursday and think it is completely fair. I to have a guy who has done 14 moves already and its basically him sitting in front of the tv watching the game and adding and dropping during the game. I think its totally unfair to the everyone in the league. This week I need to play waiver wire as I have 2 key players sidelined, and I go to look and see that mcclain was picked up tonight during the game and fasano was picked up. Anyways, I would of grabbed both and this dude has already done this all year.
Aberfoyle
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Goody » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:35 am

spodog wrote:

I was all for this at one time and play in a league that had this system in place until the guy with the deepest pockets and most money would make outrageous bids to pick up all of the good players. Needless to say, he won the league but didn't earn too much when it was all said and done. It just made the league no fun because anyone with any value he would get because he was willing to spend an outrageous amount each week and had more money than everyone else.

We have since gone back to a WPS and the league is now very competitive. The guy with the deep pockets is 0-4 since he didn't draft well (as usual) and can't buy a good team.

I wouldn't say that only serious leagues use a bidding system as this is not true. The leagues I play in are very serious and none use the bidding system.
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Postby iamgregg » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:56 pm

Goody wrote:
spodog wrote:

I was all for this at one time and play in a league that had this system in place until the guy with the deepest pockets and most money would make outrageous bids to pick up all of the good players. Needless to say, he won the league but didn't earn too much when it was all said and done. It just made the league no fun because anyone with any value he would get because he was willing to spend an outrageous amount each week and had more money than everyone else.

We have since gone back to a WPS and the league is now very competitive. The guy with the deep pockets is 0-4 since he didn't draft well (as usual) and can't buy a good team.

I wouldn't say that only serious leagues use a bidding system as this is not true. The leagues I play in are very serious and none use the bidding system.

I'm not sure spodog was referring to a bidding system where you use real money to bid on players.

I think he meant a system where you get a $x cap of bidding "money" throughout the year (or weekly) to bid on waivers. The idea is you have to be somewhat conservative or you risk reaching the cap too quickly and after that you can't make any more waiver claims.
iamgregg
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby JasonSeahorn » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:58 pm

Yeah I think spodog meant every team is given something like 100 "fantasy" dollars that you use for bids. :-b

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Goody » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:29 am

JasonSeahorn wrote:Yeah I think spodog meant every team is given something like 100 "fantasy" dollars that you use for bids. :-b

Ah ha! Sounds like a cool idea. Like I said, our bidding system (with real money) was not good. This is something I will have to look into in some of my leagues. I don't have any problems with owners roster churning, so we haven't needed to change anything. But this does sound like a good way to manage the waiver pickups each week.

Sorry for the confusion.
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner