Bad trade, doesn't look like it will be vetoed - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Bad trade, doesn't look like it will be vetoed

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bad trade, doesn't look like it will be vetoed

Postby Euclid » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:14 pm

I don't like to quite a league but this is ridiculous. I'm in a league where the commish has just had a trade accepted with him where he lost brady and somehow got this accepted.

He gives: Amani Toomer, Trent Edwards and Baltimore Def

and he gets: Michael Jenkins, [b]Payton Manning[/b] and Tampa Bay Def

so far it's been a day and i'm the only one that seems to have called him out on it and his response (keep in mind he is the commish) was that if i don't like it i can veto it... have any of you guys experienced situations like this?

I hate to quite the league (it isn't for money and is a random league for me) but i drafted a really good team, i guess i'm seeing why now
Euclid
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bad trade, doesn't look like it will be vetoed

Postby Motown Blues » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:20 pm

WOW

I am the first person to defend trading in all its forms...with the exception of collusion: commish control, no vetos, managers sink or swim with their decisions. But this is ri-donk-ulous. Manning is an arguable first round pick, depending on the settings. Reeks of collusion, so I would speak up, but don't quit the league. I would stay on principle, talk as much trash as possible, and try to win the league out of spite. Bullseye on the commish. :-[
Motown Blues
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SniperShot » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:22 pm

MIchael Jenkins > Amani Toomer
Peyton Manning > Trent Edwards (By about 20 spots in QB rankings)
Tampa Bay Def > Baltimore def (Arguable)

You've got to be kidding me. That's one of the worst trades I've seen in a while. If that thing doesn't get vetoed quit the league immediately.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby euclid530 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:28 pm

the crazy thing is he had the nerve to defend it, weird because i've commished leagues and i could never do a trade like that because i feel the commish is the example that the league goes by. I was considering that it was a collision whether it is the commish having two teams or what. I was just shocked that the league isn't turning it down, little depressing when it looked like a decent league...

kind of curious that the day after we hear about brady the guys original qb he pulls this trade off

when i first saw the trade i had to do three takes on it to make sure i wasn't missing something
euclid530
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby 204BC » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:57 pm

If it had been Burress instead of Toomer it would probably be alright. As it is, I would vote against it if I were you.

You should also post a message on the league homepage stating in simple terms that you disagree with the trade and why. Do not make any accusations, just stick to the facts and keep it simple.

Some fantasy sites, such as Yahoo, will allow you to look up other players profiles and view their history. I'd check both of these guys out if you can. If they have played in the same leagues in the past I'd be suspicious. I'd also be wary if one of them is a new profile. It's not hard to open multiple e-mail accounts and register multiple users on a fantasy site. I'm sure it happens.
204BC
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby funatic » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:12 am

Disgusting trade. Definitely take the guy's advice about looking at previous yahoo history. Disgusting. :-t
funatic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby euclid530 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:11 am

i looked into the history and i don't think it is a double profile case but the team making the trade is a new team so.... but basically i was just being fairly laid back on it just saying that it was a bad trade in my smack talk thing and i go on today and the guy giving manning has a comment up saying anyone protesting the trade can **** (all sorts of fun words) and says that it is plain and simple that he wanted the upgrade to the baltimore defense, so basically he gives tb def and manning for baltimore def....

i responded telling him he is a moron plain and simple and that if this trade goes through the league is a joke

definitely the worst trade i've ever seen that looks like it will go through in a league
euclid530
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby 204BC » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:54 am

euclid530 wrote:i looked into the history and i don't think it is a double profile case but the team making the trade is a new team so.... but basically i was just being fairly laid back on it just saying that it was a bad trade in my smack talk thing and i go on today and the guy giving manning has a comment up saying anyone protesting the trade can **** (all sorts of fun words) and says that it is plain and simple that he wanted the upgrade to the baltimore defense, so basically he gives tb def and manning for baltimore def....

i responded telling him he is a moron plain and simple and that if this trade goes through the league is a joke

definitely the worst trade i've ever seen that looks like it will go through in a league

A new profile would still be suspicious. It is still quite possible that the commish just opened up a new profile this year. Perhaps he was sick of losing all the time and wanted to stack the odds in his favor. In fact, it is also possible that he has even one or two more new profiles in this league. That would give him quite a deep pool of players to choose from. Kind of like having a farm system in the major leagues.

I can't see anyone with at least 2 brain cells funcioning wanting to give up Manning for the Baltimore Defense.

I would reply to his rantings that you are doing him a favor and saving him from his own stupidity by voting against the trade.

I joined several Yahoo leagues this year in which I dropped out before the draft simply because there were too many new profiles. I don't trust them. I look for leagues where all of the owners have a significant history, and hopefully are rated as high as I am. The problem is you don't know until you join the league and can check everyone out.

Best thing you can do at this point is to just vote against the trade and hope it doesn't go through. If it goes through, just make it a point to kick the crap out of each of them (the one giving up Manning should be easy) and take their 1st place trophy at the end of the year. Whatever you do, don't quit. It's much more fun to rub it in their face when you've just taken the championship.
204BC
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby euclid530 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:19 pm

now the commish sent me a message

IL DUCE...what is the issue if a team is stacked in QB's and lacking a Defense and another team is willing to give up his good Defense to obtain a good QB because his #1 pick went down in week 1? It is easy to cry from the top of the leaderboard and your not having to scramble to fix a broken team huh.

some commish huh!

at this point it's obvious i'm not talking any sense into anyone in the league so i'm just voting against it and i've made it clear that i think it's a bad trade

i have a good team so i probably could still beat the guy getting manning, i got westbrook, lynch and w parker, andre johnson, roy williams, jay cutler in a 12 team league so i guess i should have expected funny things in the league. Apparently the guy giving up Manning thinks that Philip Rivers and Edwards can take him to the championship.
euclid530
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby joejlitz » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:12 pm

Whatever happened? Did it get vetoed?

You might even want to cut and past other people's assessments of this trade in the message list for the league, so that everyone can see that you are not the only person who thinks this is ridiculous - since no one else in the league seems to have responded.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Return to Commissioner's Corner