Tony Romo and His Busy Sunday - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tony Romo and His Busy Sunday

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tony Romo and His Busy Sunday

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:08 pm

Pretty amazing story about Romo. ;-D

Tony Romo had been somewhat of an NFL opening-week quarterbacking exception, enjoying a great Sunday in Cleveland, except, of course, for that bloody chin thing.

The weekend had also gone very well for Bill and Sharon White of Irving, who were returning late in the evening after an out-of-town trip.

The national news was about a day of QB disasters around the league, even at the elite level. Tom Brady, down and out for the season. Peyton Manning, looking feeble and lost. Carson Palmer, his once stellar reputation taking another plunge.

And for pure weirdness, there's Vince Young, a young man in obvious need of either a good shrink or a good butt-kicking.

Meanwhile, even as devout football fans, the Whites had been on the road and out of touch with the NFL events. They particularly didn't want to know the Dallas Cowboys' outcome. The TiVo at home was waiting. Bill planned to watch the Cleveland game immediately, with suspense attached.

Click link to read whole article:
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/col ... index.html
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Tony Romo and His Busy Sunday

Postby woodson_28 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:19 am

good article. Romo seems like a pretty good guy.
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Beardown » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:48 am

Great article and great guy. Thanks for shareing.
Beardown
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby knapplc » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:46 am

I had a crummy day at work last Friday. Then I picked up my daughter and took her to the grocery store, which she pitched a fit about. On the way to the store, tired from my day and dragging along an unhappy munchkin, I saw a woman and her daughter with a VERY flat tire. So I stopped and changed the tire for them, with some assistance from another guy who had a hammer (the old tire was rusted onto the wheel mount).

What I'd like to know is, where's MY article in the local paper? Tony's a swell guy for helping, especially under the circumstances of his day, but seriously - is he more of a hero than I?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:50 am

knapplc wrote:I had a crummy day at work last Friday. Then I picked up my daughter and took her to the grocery store, which she pitched a fit about. On the way to the store, tired from my day and dragging along an unhappy munchkin, I saw a woman and her daughter with a VERY flat tire. So I stopped and changed the tire for them, with some assistance from another guy who had a hammer (the old tire was rusted onto the wheel mount).

What I'd like to know is, where's MY article in the local paper? Tony's a swell guy for helping, especially under the circumstances of his day, but seriously - is he more of a hero than I?

nope. I've done the same... I do think this shows Tony as a nice guy, but no more than other nice guys... just a bigger spotlight.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:12 am

knapplc wrote:I had a crummy day at work last Friday. Then I picked up my daughter and took her to the grocery store, which she pitched a fit about. On the way to the store, tired from my day and dragging along an unhappy munchkin, I saw a woman and her daughter with a VERY flat tire. So I stopped and changed the tire for them, with some assistance from another guy who had a hammer (the old tire was rusted onto the wheel mount).

The purpose of the article is to show people that every people who make millions, motorboat Jessica Simpson, and are admired by millions of people, can take the time out to do acts like this. The article obviously isn't for somebody like you, who seems to already embody this mind set. It's for people like me, who drive past people with flat tires without thinking twice. You don't change the person's tire because you want recognition for it -- you do it because it's the right thing to do and you get your own self-gratification out of it, and hope that were you ever in a similar situation, someone would be so gracious.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Postby knapplc » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:33 am

So you're saying you think I'm not motorboating Jessica Simpson? h0rt, you're selling me short, man!
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby woodson_28 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:17 am

knapplc wrote:What I'd like to know is, where's MY article in the local paper? Tony's a swell guy for helping, especially under the circumstances of his day, but seriously - is he more of a hero than I?

I really can't tell if you're serious here or not. If you are, I feel very sorry for you.
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby knapplc » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:22 am

woodson_28 wrote:
knapplc wrote:What I'd like to know is, where's MY article in the local paper? Tony's a swell guy for helping, especially under the circumstances of his day, but seriously - is he more of a hero than I?

I really can't tell if you're serious here or not. If you are, I feel very sorry for you.

Totally not serious. But you should feel sorry for me anyway, since I'm losing all my fantasy leagues with decent teams. :,-(
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Amazinz » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:24 am

For what's it worth, I'd rather read about you changing a tire with a hammer than another Romo fluff piece. :-D
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk