Anyone got a funny feeling... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Anyone got a funny feeling...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anyone got a funny feeling...

Postby scrumtalecent » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:09 am

After all the spewing and sarcasm, does anyone get the feeling these "same ol' Lions" come out from the depths of despair, shun the home-dog label that's been placed on them by the bookies and takes this one down against a pretty decent Packers team? It would befit them to do so. Many times I've seen them lose horribly to a bad team and then beat a good team (Like the playoff-bound Cowboys a couple of years ago).

Me, I'd say no. The Lions lose a close one, but manage to give up less than 300 yards rushing. Packers 27-25.
Thank you soty!
scrumtalecent
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Anyone got a funny feeling...

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:42 am

usually whatever i pick the Lions to do they do the opposite, so nothing surprises me, but i'm expecting them to get blown out again...i'm going to say they lose 34-20 (on a late TD to make it look like less of a blowout)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:34 pm

I think I heard that Ryan Grant may be questionable so that should help. Then again, with the Lions history of giving it up to back-up RBs there is no guarantee they shut down whoever the Pack dresses. Yes I have a funny feeling. It's that feeling that everyone is laughing at me.

BELIEVE IN NOW!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby dream_017 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:16 pm

I seriously have no idea what to think/feel walking into Ford Field on Sunday. A part of me wants to think that it was just the first game and they will turn things around and be better prepared, but then the other side of me thinks, why would this be any different and what have they shown in the past to be able to make the adjustments needed. At this point I just want to see an exciting game :-? :-/
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby moochman » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:41 pm

dream_017 wrote:I seriously have no idea what to think/feel walking into Ford Field on Sunday. A part of me wants to think that it was just the first game and they will turn things around and be better prepared, but then the other side of me thinks, why would this be any different and what have they shown in the past to be able to make the adjustments needed. At this point I just want to see an exciting game :-? :-/

I think you will. I look for both teams to come out scoring. Probably a lot of big plays and quick drives. Sadly I could see the Pack march down the field and score, then we get a sizzling return to the 25 yd line and try and run...right into a punt. Then the Pack score again and Kitna gives up on the run. Fireworks ensue.
I hope you have a great time.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Santacruzer » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:47 am

I've learned enough over the years to never put money on or against the Lions. They will continue to surprise everyone with their lack of success when all things point to it, and pull off wins against teams they don't even belong in the same league with. Will they win this weekend? Probably not, but.......

The Packers RB situation is not very good this weekend (but I'm sure they're all going to look like superstars against the Lions). Grant has some Hamstring issues that's probably more serious than they're letting on, and Brandon Jackson is still suffering from Concussion issues. Has he even been cleared to play yet?

In other news: It appears they continue to preach mediocrity:

Receiver Roy Williams also said he does not think Sunday's game is a must-win.

"No, no, it's another game, man," he said. "Coach put up a stat last week: The Giants started 0-2. He put the scores up but I can't remember the scores, so 0-2 is not bad.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby scrumtalecent » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:07 pm

Santacruzer wrote:
Receiver Roy Williams also said he does not think Sunday's game is a must-win.

"No, no, it's another game, man," he said. "Coach put up a stat last week: The Giants started 0-2. He put the scores up but I can't remember the scores, so 0-2 is not bad.

I heard a radio personality call tomorrow'S game a must-win game. I had to laugh. What the @#&* is that supposed to mean???? If they go 0-2, they're going to definitely miss the playoffs? ****Newsflash**** They're not going to make the playoffs anyway. Even in my most optimistic view, they're still a couple year away. Anyway, that must've been taken out of context 'cause no coach in their right mind would tell their team it'll be o.k. if they drop their home opener and start the season 0-2.
Thank you soty!
scrumtalecent
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Santacruzer » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:00 pm

I guess it depends on your interpretation of "must win", and being okay to drop to 0-2. I personally think they should be thinking every game is a must win. Aside from the fact that they should not be just shrugging their shoulders after losses, and having "better luck next time" attitudes, they cannot afford more time to rebuild, continue to so-call instill Nimrods "football character", or receive patience from fans. How many tickets will the next furniture company have to buy up to keep the games from being blacked-out, and having the fans stay at home and forget about Lions football? I'm sure there is no more father-son bonding over Lions home games, where you pass down the proud Lion fan attitude and create the next generation of Lions fans. You encourage your children to look elsewhere around the league. I wish it weren't true, but that is where we are at.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:40 am

Is this coach NimRod's idea of giving the team some adversity? Or don't those words count today. Why would he ever say such a dumb thing. Had he not seen enough of what this team will do if you give them the option to lose?
And I thought he like his team and had a bunch of guys who loved, nay ate, drank and slept football. Why would that type of player need to be reassured that the season isn't over if we lose? Wouldn't that type of player not even care about the record come kick-off? Just the love of the game, eh NimRod?
Looks to me that coach NimRod has a team with less football character than the one he took to Oakland on game day did. He said there were 13 players who showed up for that game. How many showed up to face the adversity of an opening road game vs the dreaded juggernaught Falcons?

Stop the lying! Fire coach NimRod. Right here! Right Now!

BTW, Lions win today.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby LT Blue Colt » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:06 am

It's probably a horrible prediction to do upon your own team, but I'm going to say Kampman comes out and takes Kitna down for 3 sacks. Who wins? Probably Green Bay. I would love to see the Lions, but . . . you know. It looks grim.
Metroid wrote: I eat Old Spice. :-B

I'm a Lions fan. I'm chuck full of freakin' hope.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Detroit Lions