Senior Skip Day... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Senior Skip Day...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Senior Skip Day...

Postby Guru13 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:02 am

Shhh, don't tell anybody, Guru didn't go to school today. :-D

...please tell me we aren't the only school in the nation that does this, my parents tried to convince me that when they were seniors in high school, nobody did this. Basically the senior class organizes within themselves a day they're all gonna skip, usually something stupid/crazy happens, I won't be involved in it because I don't intend on leaving my basement, but anyhow.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Senior Skip Day...

Postby Metroid » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:06 am

Son this has been going on at high schools across the nation since before you were pooping in your Huggies. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:07 am

I am in favor of trickling this down all the way to Freshman. Have everyone organize a stay to stay home, so I can have a day of peace at work. :-) Do it every Friday, if you guys want. :-D
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guru13 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:08 am

bigh0rt wrote:I am in favor of trickling this down all the way to Freshman. Have everyone organize a stay to stay home, so I can have a day of peace at work. :-) Do it every Friday, if you guys want. :-D

works for me, except the cops would be working overtime, I don't suppose that would be a good thing, but then again...I won't be leaving the basement. :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Guru13 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:09 am

Metroid wrote:Son this has been going on at high schools across the nation since before you were pooping in your Huggies. :-b

figured that was the case, I couldn't imagine we were truly that creative. :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:21 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
Metroid wrote:Son this has been going on at high schools across the nation since before you were pooping in your Huggies. :-b

Oh I'm sure your school/class puts their own unique spin on it. A classic for our high school was to "Christmas Tree" the campus. Our school was a completely open campus in that any time you went from class to class you were walking outside. Anyway the night before the end of Christmas break the seniors would go out in their pick up trucks and gather as many discarded Christmas trees as they could and put them all over campus, in the parking lot, on the football field, in the locker halls, on the roofs, even run up the flag pole. I'm talking hundreds and hundreds of trees. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Guru13 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:30 am

Metroid wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:

Oh I'm sure your school/class puts their own unique spin on it. A classic for our high school was to "Christmas Tree" the campus. Our school was a completely open campus in that any time you went from class to class you were walking outside. Anyway the night before the end of Christmas break the seniors would go out in their pick up trucks and gather as many discarded Christmas trees as they could and put them all over campus, in the parking lot, on the football field, in the locker halls, on the roofs, even run up the flag pole. I'm talking hundreds and hundreds of trees. :-b

yep, that's what I'm talking about, we're not that creative. :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby beanoX3 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:32 am

My high school never organized one day for all the seniors to skip. People just ditched whenever they wanted. Some people even came to school and ditched later. We did have dedicated hall monitors who would chased kids to their cars and one time even to their home. My friend lived very close to school and he told me a hall monitor chased him home. Police brought him back, lol.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:45 am

I skipped so many days of school from my Freshman year to my Senior year that the school contacted the Sheriff's office and had them tell me that if I skipped another day they were sending a Deputy to my house to pick me up and take me to school, then they were sending my parents the bill.

My folks would leave for work a good hour before I left for school, so they'd have no idea if I went to school or not. Needless to say, they were pretty unhappy when they found out. :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:48 am

knapplc wrote:I skipped so many days of school from my Freshman year to my Senior year that the school contacted the Sheriff's office and had them tell me that if I skipped another day they were sending a Deputy to my house to pick me up and take me to school, then they were sending my parents the bill.

My folks would leave for work a good hour before I left for school, so they'd have no idea if I went to school or not. Needless to say, they were pretty unhappy when they found out. :-b

now they call, and if your parents don't verify it within 48 hours, you get detention. :-° :-[
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk