Ravens/Texans game - update: game cancelled - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ravens/Texans game - update: game cancelled

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Ravens/Texans game - update: game cancelled

Postby woodson_28 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:48 pm

hmm, ethical question. I'm playing my brother in law this week. He's visiting family, so he's not going to be checking his team today. He's starting the Balt. Defense. Do I call him and say, "pick up a new DEF, Balti isn't playing this week" or let it ride...?

I think I'd rather call him and inform him of the news and lose, than win on a cheap shot like this.
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby treat24 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:51 pm

woodson_28 wrote:hmm, ethical question. I'm playing my brother in law this week. He's visiting family, so he's not going to be checking his team today. He's starting the Balt. Defense. Do I call him and say, "pick up a new DEF, Balti isn't playing this week" or let it ride...?

I think I'd rather call him and inform him of the news and lose, than win on a cheap shot like this.

call him. no question
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby aaawall91 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:51 pm

We'll let's weigh the situation.

You post here, he doesn't. (I assume...)
He won't be checking his team today or tomorrow (before the games), and you will be checking yours.

I say give him a heads up, you already seem to have an advantage just based on those reasons.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:51 pm

woodson_28 wrote:hmm, ethical question. I'm playing my brother in law this week. He's visiting family, so he's not going to be checking his team today. He's starting the Balt. Defense. Do I call him and say, "pick up a new DEF, Balti isn't playing this week" or let it ride...?

He's family. Give'm a call. ;-D
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby woodson_28 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:54 pm

scottaa1 wrote:He's family. Give'm a call. ;-D

This is a good point. I called him and he picked up the Panthers. So we'll see.

He doesn't use any type of fantasy forum, so I do feel like I have the advantage. However, last year he drafted LT, Brady, Moss, B. Marshall and Burress and than immediately declared himself the winner of the league. About a month later, we all realized he was right.
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:56 pm

It's good sportsmanship to call him, and I would probably do the same, but the game's postponement is national news. Visiting family or no, he could easily have heard about it on his own. I think you did the right thing, but you didn't necessarily have to go out of your way.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 11)

Postby treat24 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:59 pm

To be honest, your commish should be on it. I emailed everyone in every league I run and I have received emails from commissioners of a couple of the other leagues I'm in. A good commish would already be contacting his leagues.

Like I said before, you should call him... good sportsmanship, you know he's not near a computer, he's family... many reasons to call him... If you don't tell him and you end up beating him, won't it be kind of a shallow victory? Call him...

edit: I see you did... good work man...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Rylenol » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:38 pm

IMO every owner should be responsible for their own team. It depends on the level of competition between the owners in a given league. In my league for example, I wouldn't think to fill in an owner on the status of one of "their" players.
Draft day snack and beverage: $5
Yahoo StatTracker: $10
waking up Tuesday morning to see that you came out the victor in your week 1 fantasy football matchup: Priceless
Rylenol
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby spodog » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:34 pm

WHO DEY wrote:How is everyone approaching this game for their league? Will this game be applied to the Week 2 scores or Week 10 scores?

Week 10. How on earth could you determine the outcome of this weekends games when this game doesn't occur until Nov.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aaawall91 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:40 pm

spodog wrote:
WHO DEY wrote:How is everyone approaching this game for their league? Will this game be applied to the Week 2 scores or Week 10 scores?

Week 10. How on earth could you determine the outcome of this weekends games when this game doesn't occur until Nov.

I think this was asked before it was officially moved to week 10 and the schedules were all changed and this was made their bye...
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk