Ravens/Texans game - update: game cancelled - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Ravens/Texans game - update: game cancelled

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Ravens/Texans game - update: game cancelled

Postby aaawall91 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:09 pm

aaawall91 wrote:
spodog wrote:
WHO DEY wrote:How is everyone approaching this game for their league? Will this game be applied to the Week 2 scores or Week 10 scores?


Week 10. How on earth could you determine the outcome of this weekends games when this game doesn't occur until Nov.


I think this was asked before it was officially moved to week 10 and the schedules were all changed and this was made their bye...


Yeah, ignore the above.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9934
(Past Year: 62)
Joined: 15 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: East Lansing

Re: Ravens/Texans game - update: game cancelled

Postby SniperShot » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Houston is supposed to play Cincy on the 9th. Now their playing Baltimore? When will Houston/Cincy be played?

Edit: just had to read the news link. So Cincy gets a later bye now and the Texans and Ravens bye is this week. Yikes.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7511
(Past Year: 14)
Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fairfax, VA

Re: Ravens/Texans game - update: game cancelled

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:47 pm

Good thing the Ravens and Texans aren't playoff threats, because they get absolutely hosed by this. They now have to play 14 games in a row. :-o
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4738
Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AKA CubsFan7724

Re: Ravens/Texans game - update: game cancelled

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:54 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Good thing the Ravens and Texans aren't playoff threats, because they get absolutely hosed by this. They now have to play 14 games in a row. :-o


According to profootballtalk.com, the Texans were unwilling to play the game anywhere but Houston


The Texans are being stubborn more than anything here.
Image
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 5602
Joined: 22 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: North of the Border

Re: Ravens/Texans game - update: game cancelled

Postby shagworth » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:18 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:Good thing the Ravens and Texans aren't playoff threats, because they get absolutely hosed by this. They now have to play 14 games in a row. :-o


According to profootballtalk.com, the Texans were unwilling to play the game anywhere but Houston


The Texans are being stubborn more than anything here.


I mean, alot of stuff got messed up around here, I'm more than willing to bet more than a couple of players for the Texans live in River Oaks which got completely flooded. They probably don't want to say, "We don't want to play, our heads aren't in the right place." Then people will call them pu$$!es.
Image
Props to soty for the sig!
shagworth
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 434
Joined: 12 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: At The Computer...Duh

Re: Ravens/Texans game - update: game cancelled

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:43 pm

shagworth wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:Good thing the Ravens and Texans aren't playoff threats, because they get absolutely hosed by this. They now have to play 14 games in a row. :-o


According to profootballtalk.com, the Texans were unwilling to play the game anywhere but Houston


The Texans are being stubborn more than anything here.


I mean, alot of stuff got messed up around here, I'm more than willing to bet more than a couple of players for the Texans live in River Oaks which got completely flooded. They probably don't want to say, "We don't want to play, our heads aren't in the right place." Then people will call them pu$$!es.

Eh, I think people would be understanding of that.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4738
Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AKA CubsFan7724

Re: Ravens/Texans game - update: game cancelled

Postby ttwarrior1 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:08 pm

glad i came to check or i would of left my lineup the way it was, i really needed to play andre johnson this week and i only have hasselback at qb over schaub
ttwarrior1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1025
Joined: 9 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ravens/Texans game - update: game cancelled

Postby Jagator73 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:01 am

Just read this whole thread..did anyone clear up how this will effect scoring in FF leagues in reference to people having Ravens or Texans players in their lineups this week?
Image
Jagator73
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 503
Joined: 8 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: Ravens/Texans game - update: game cancelled

Postby TGM » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:09 am

Jagator73 wrote:Just read this whole thread..did anyone clear up how this will effect scoring in FF leagues in reference to people having Ravens or Texans players in their lineups this week?


The game has been officially postponed. If you have any Ravens or Texans in your lineup...get 'em out. No game means not points for any players for either team this weekend.
TGM
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 739
Joined: 2 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ravens/Texans game - update: game cancelled

Postby mattUTD20 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:22 am

Maybe I missed the memo but how does this affect the cafe games especially lucky ladders?
"Maurice Jones-Drew, below the waist, is incredible." Mike Mayock

Cafe Leagues

Eat Cheese Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 1
Ball Breakers Keeper (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 3 PvYr: 2
4th and Goal Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 9
mattUTD20
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1409
Joined: 22 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 1:31 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact