Uproar over Nazi ties to new Jets/Giants stadum - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Uproar over Nazi ties to new Jets/Giants stadum

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Uproar over Nazi ties to new Jets/Giants stadum

Postby fantasizing » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:39 pm

Note to all Americans who currently own a BMW vehicle:

Lit your car on fire and toss it in the trash. BMW used to make engines for fighter planes that were used to attack and kill the allies.

This protest is a total joke!!!!!
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:59 pm

fantasizing wrote:BMW used to make engines for fighter planes that were used to attack and kill the allies.

Pretty much everyone knows that. If they didn't already, I think it was covered somewhere on page two of this thread. ;-)
fantasizing wrote:This protest is a total joke!!!!!

Agreed. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:36 am

knapplc wrote:Palindromes at dawn! Ten paces!

A man, a plan, a canal, Pamana

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby knapplc » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:13 am

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:Able was I, ere I saw Elba.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:36 am

Go hang a salami; I’m a lasagna hog

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:37 am

The noon sex alert relaxes no one

flotsamnjetsam

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:40 am

The world's largest palindrome sentence...17,826 words:

http://norvig.com/palindrome.html

8-o

flotsamnjetsam

Postby knapplc » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:48 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:The world's largest palindrome sentence...17,826 words:

That's cheating. :-D

I used to know a bunch of palindromes, but I've forgotten them all. There are some pretty good ones out there.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Snides » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:09 am

I don't know why I feel compelled to add my 2 cents worth. I suppose I am in the minority, but I don't consider those individuals offended by the Allianz naming rights issue as being a total joke or even as being pc for the sake of being pc (although i don't doubt there are people grandstanding or jumping on the pc bandwagon over this). I should qualify this post by stating that I admittedly am myopic and simplistic. I also am neither from NY nor a NY sports fan, so I have an outsider's perspective on this issue which may not be legitimate.

I agree that a company shouldn't necessarily be held responsible or hostage for acts it committed a generation ago. However, if the "Stringer" article is accurate, Allianz, today, hasn't done much to atone or compensate for its prior indiscretions. Although Allianz has made some restitution, according to the "Stringer" article, Allianz still owes beneficiaries of valid Holocuast era insurance policies some $2 billion (disputed); and, during restitution negotiations, Allianz was the "most grudging" participant. Moreover, according to the article, Allianz was one of only a handful of insurance firms that held up payments to World Trade Center developer Larry Silverstein after the 9/11 attacks, and then only settled under government pressure. SIlverstein, I believe, is Jewish.

New York, I believe, has the largest Jewish population in the world. Its population includes Holocaust survivors, children of Holocuast victims, and grandchildren of Holocuast victims. NY also suffered the highest loss of life and loss of property in the 9/11 attacks. Based on the foregoing, I think its quite easy to see why many New Yorkers do not want their stadium named after this company and do not want this company to profit from the prominent display of its name on the stadium. Frankly, I am surpirsed that Allianz was even considered for naming rights.
Snides
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to General Talk