Perfectly put, Mr simmons. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Perfectly put, Mr simmons.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Perfectly put, Mr simmons.

Postby scrumtalecent » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:55 pm

Bill Simmons, ESPN...

Here's something I've been thinking about a lot lately: With any job, you're going to have your ups and downs. At some point, you have to decide whether the downs outweigh the ups to the point that it's not worth it for you to have that job anymore. You could call it a satisfaction/misery ratio. If that ratio swings past 20/80, it's time to go. Well, if you're Matt Millen and everyone in Detroit thinks you're incompetent, openly despises you and spends every waking moment pining for your departure, at some point wouldn't that reality outweigh Millen's salary as well as any fun he could ever have running a football team? He's probably afraid to pick up a newspaper or turn on the radio. He probably spends every dinner wondering if the cook hawked a loogie in his entree. He probably walks through the stadium on Sundays with his head down. And on top of that, his team is awful. You could say his satisfaction/misery ratio is at 5/95 right now. So why wouldn't he quit and go back to TV? What's he waiting for?
Thank you soty!
scrumtalecent
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Perfectly put, Mr simmons.

Postby dream_017 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:57 pm

Is it really that high? ;-7
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby moochman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:29 am

The reason why MIllen wouldn't quit is that the 5 of the 5/95 ratio stands for $5,000,000.
That and that my most suspicous self thinks that the Lions FO wants a guy like Millen there. Someone that they can easily say "Hey, draft Charles Rogers instead of Andre Johnson" or "How 'bout that Stanton kid, pick him". I don't think competent GMs would put up with all the meddling that comes with the Detroit laughingstock-biggest-saddest-most-pathetic-joke-of-a-professional-sports-team Lions. I think I am now at my most disgusted point as a Lions fan that I have ever been. I can only hope they don't win more than 3 games lest we get stuck with coach NimRod for another year.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Santacruzer » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:41 am

Does anyone really think he has a TV job to go back to!?!

He's become such a farce, that I don't think anyone would trust or listen to his point of view or take on things. I sure wouldn't want to.

GM, Coach, Players.....doesn't matter. Until the Fords give up the team I think things are hopeless.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:49 am

Santacruzer wrote:Does anyone really think he has a TV job to go back to!?!

He's become such a farce, that I don't think anyone would trust or listen to his point of view or take on things. I sure wouldn't want to.

GM, Coach, Players.....doesn't matter. Until the Fords give up the team I think things are hopeless.

Thanks jack-matt (can't swear) for putting way too much reality into my Sunday. When I look back at how many years the Lions have sucked under the Fords I start losing faith in Jr. too. Why should he do any better a job than the Prince of fools WCF? I mean he is throughly indoctrinated into the Lions way of running a front office. So why should we think that he will stop all the meddling that goes on there? Why will he not keep the wrong scouts and hire the wrong GM/coach?
Geez, I hate the way I think. Boo me, I am a matthole.

Millen could return to TV if ever he wanted. He was really quite good there. Now he is so rich that he would probably go home and whittle himself a Johnny Morton firgurine. :-*

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Santacruzer » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:13 am

moochman wrote:Millen could return to TV if ever he wanted. He was really quite good there. Now he is so rich that he would probably go home and whittle himself a Johnny Morton firgurine. :-*

Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:29 am

Santacruzer wrote:
moochman wrote:Millen could return to TV if ever he wanted. He was really quite good there. Now he is so rich that he would probably go home and whittle himself a Johnny Morton firgurine. :-*

:-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b ;-D ;-D ;-D

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Detroit Lions