Why is David Boston not producing??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Why is David Boston not producing???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Why is David Boston not producing???

Postby fantasy guest » Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:31 pm

I don't understand this. He is the biggest WR on the field every sunday. He doesn't drop balls, he can run after the catch, he can run through secondaries, around them, and when he runs, he's actually quite fast.
WHY THE FCK DO THEY NOT THROW TO HIM?????????????

I read somewhere that Boston is the one actually complaining that the Chargers are not practicing like they want to win.
This is from BOSTON!!!! Seems like he wants to produce, but they won't let him. If that's the case, TRADE HIM where he could produce for fck's sakes. This is ridiculous.

Any chance Flutie will play? Flutie at least can scramble to give Boston some time to get open. At this point, SOMETHING has to change on that fcking Chargers team.....
fantasy guest

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:38 pm

Brees :-t is one of the reasons for Boston's nonproductivity. And Flutie came in at the end of the game last week and played pretty well. I'd be suprised if he didn't start this Sunday.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby altproject » Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:47 pm

i think flutie might start one or two games in the 2nd half of the season, but it doesn't make much sense for SD to bench brees. he's the "QB of the future" for san diego (as silly as that might sound) and with them being almost mathematically eliminated from the playoffs already, what better way to force brees to learn than to keep him in there during a hopeless season? anyhow, flutie might come in and make things interesting for a while, but what's that going to do for the franchise? he can't take them to the playoffs this year. the'll want brees on the field to continue learning.
20 Team League | 11-3 | 5th Place
--------------------------------------------
Q: Kitna, Flutie
R: Henry, Portis, T. Jones, Rudi, Griffin, Burns
W: Chambers, Ward
T: Shockey
K: Elling
D: Bills
altproject
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:06 pm

Boston stinks because Brees stinks. It is that simple.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby fantasy guest » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:09 pm

So would R.Moss stink if he had D.Brees at QB instead of Culpepper?
That's the problem with WRs. They can be hidden gems that never get the chance to flourish. Take H.Ward and P.Burress before Maddox came in. They sucked balls. E.Moulds before Bledose. Etc.
fantasy guest

Postby Phestuss » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:16 pm

altproject wrote:i think flutie might start one or two games in the 2nd half of the season, but it doesn't make much sense for SD to bench brees. he's the "QB of the future" for san diego (as silly as that might sound) and with them being almost mathematically eliminated from the playoffs already, what better way to force brees to learn than to keep him in there during a hopeless season? anyhow, flutie might come in and make things interesting for a while, but what's that going to do for the franchise? he can't take them to the playoffs this year. the'll want brees on the field to continue learning.

I don't think ANY coach can or will throw in the towel on their team for the sake of one player. Especially if they don't want to lose their job or the respect of their team. I don't buy the QB of the future line - the coach owes the current team the confidence that he will place the best players on the field to win. Besides, who ever expected to be a star QB? He's just a solid QB selected to run a relatively simple ball control offense. The guy was picked so as to NOT make mistakes and deliver the ball to LT and Boston.

And it's not like SD considered this a rebuilding year. Based on last year's performance, almost everyone expected this team to make the playoffs and dominate the AFC west.

Also, how can you overlook the fact that this is Brees' 2nd year? He's actually regressing after a relatively decent 1st year. He led the team to a 8-8 record just one year ago so what else is he supposed to learn?

Why keep a player who is killing the moral of your team and fanbase in the lineup? What is THAT going to do for the franchise?
"I like them french-fried potaters. um - hmm"
Phestuss
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby HUNK » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:54 pm

I think Boston is too concerned about looking like Lee Haney to catch passes. The ball just bounces off his biceps. Seriously, they should convert this guy to a TE (he has the size now). Think of the damage he'd do at that position- another Sharpe.
HUNK

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:58 pm

Yeah, I don't think they will play Brees just so that they can improve as if he was the franchise's future. If they didn't put the QB on the field that would give them the best chance to win, then the fans would definitely not be happy.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Football Newbie » Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:27 pm

so to sum it up, brees sucks. Thats it. Ive already said this before, but you remember that 2 td game boston had a few weeks ago? Remember how he juked the crap out of the corner back and ran like 60 yards in a sprint? If he can do that and brees cannot find a way to get the ball into his hands, he should be sat simply on principal.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby tomkatt » Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:45 pm

Agree about Drew Brees being inept this year, BUT the Chargers will always feed the ball to Tomlinson first. They don't use Boston near enough, but you had to kind of figure this is how it would be with Marty as coach. I shied away from Boston on draft day because I didn't think he would get enough looks to be a useful fantasy contributor.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk