Why is David Boston not producing??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Why is David Boston not producing???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ynot » Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:43 am

May have my head in the sand, but I'm not quite ready to give up on Boston yet. First I want to see what Flutie can do with him. I know, a slender thread of hope but it at least has me curious.

ynot
ynot
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Buckychudd » Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:09 am

HUNK wrote:I think Boston is too concerned about looking like Lee Haney to catch passes. The ball just bounces off his biceps. Seriously, they should convert this guy to a TE (he has the size now). Think of the damage he'd do at that position- another Sharpe.

That would be pretty cool.....but I'm not sure that Boston can block like Sharpe.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby DUKE » Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:38 am

maybe his nipples are still sore from the piercings :-D
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Challie » Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:44 pm

I've already written about 25 "Schottenheimer sucks" posts so far, and I'm too weary to write another one here.

Just something to consider: I watched this god-awful Chargers-Bears game last week. Offensive coordinator/idiot Cam Cameron has been playing "Martyball" (= run, run, pass, punt) all year, but when Flutie got the call the play selection was so much more lively it was a night & day difference. I like Boston's chances to become a Top 10 (or at least 20) WR again if Flutie is the QB if only because they'll open up the playcalling somewhat.

I understand wanting to take advantage of a horse like LT, but to go against 8 Bears stacked at the line and not run ONE play-action deep route is ridiculous. And if you have to run the ball on 1st down, what about a counter play instead of between the guard and center all day. Sheesh!

Anyway, this was too long of a post. Bottom line: keep your eye on the Chargers' play-calling, if you want to wade through the misery that is the Chargers. At the very least you'll get some truth out of outspoken Marcellus Wiley - he's my only hero on this team.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk