BAL/HOU NOT GOING MONDAY -- How are you handling this? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

BAL/HOU NOT GOING MONDAY -- How are you handling this?

Moderator: Football Moderators

BAL/HOU NOT GOING MONDAY -- How are you handling this?

Postby Homer J » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:15 pm

The word is that Reliant Stadium in Houston is badly damaged by Hurricane Ike and that no games will be played there this weekend (as you know, they had originally scheduled it for Monday Night, but that seems to be off now). We are supposed to hear something later today.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3585348

I wanted to start a commish thread about this given that it could totally screw with lineups...
Homer J
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: BAL/HOU NOT GOING MONDAY -- How are you handling this?

Postby knighttrain1 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:36 pm

Here is what I did in my league. My LM note in my ESPN league.

Houston..we have a problem
Reliant Stadium in Houston, Texas has been damaged by Hurricane Ike and Sunday's game (formerly postponed to Monday night) will not be played there. The NFL has made no decision about the game but Houston will not be hosting the game at their facility due to damage.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3585348

The game may be played at an alternate site or at an alternate time but we will know more about that this week.

If the game is postponed to later in the week at an alternate site then you can play your Texans and Ravens as normal. If we don't find out tonight what the decision will be then we can institute the following plan:

First, bench your Texan/Ravens player. Find a player on your bench that you can use in the event that the game is cancelled or postponed. Play that player but BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW YOU WISH TO HAVE PLAYED YOUR RAVEN/TEXAN play in his place. Alert me BEFORE SUNDAY's action begins. Should the game go ahead before next week's games begin you will be awarded the score of your Raven or Texan. If you do not inform me of this desire, you will be forced to take the substitute player regarless of the outcome of the Houston situation.

If you would be forced to drop a player to replace a player (as in if you have no backup Defense, TE, or Kicker (or for some reason have nobody on your bench healthy enough to play effectively for that spot) you can drop a player and pick a player up to do so without losing that player. BUT YOU HAVE TO INFORM ME THAT YOU ARE DOING THIS. Just let me know you are attempting to do this and you will be allowed (in fact forced) to reverse the add/drop manuevre after this week's game and you will be guaranteed your player won't be picked up by anybody else. I can do this by changing rosters manually in the League Manager screen.

I won't be able to accomplish this move until the waivers clear tomorrow morning app. 3am. But try to alert me asap that you want to do this.

Anybody who tries to pull one over on me will be punished to the full extent of the league, i.e JR and I will call your voicemail and sing showtunes until it is completely filled up with reditions of "Hello Dolly."

Post questions and intentions in the space provided below. You can also call me or text or email.
12 team redraft: QB Warner; RB LT, R. Brown, F. Jones; WR R. Moss, V. Jackson; TE Carlson: LB Barrett Ruud; DL Kevin Williams; DB Erik Coleman; K Prater: Bench -- Wells, Sproles, Ginn, Coffee, Campbell, Norwood, Meachem, Henry, Davis, Britt
knighttrain1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby sneeker » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:19 pm

Our league has a move limit of 3 players per week (exluding trades), should I allow owners to make extra moves for lost players because of this? I was originally thinking no, kinda TFB rule, but another owner is pretty upset about it as he's losing a WR for sure and another owner who's thinking TFB is losing a TE and having to start Cassel. Maybe allow Out status for those players and allow an extra move for losing so many players in one week, like if it was a horrible injury situation?

I've never really considered this kinda thing happening and don't really know what to do.

Your comments are appreciated, thanks.
sneeker
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby Ablack86 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:25 pm

sneeker wrote:Our league has a move limit of 3 players per week (exluding trades), should I allow owners to make extra moves for lost players because of this? I was originally thinking no, kinda TFB rule, but another owner is pretty upset about it as he's losing a WR for sure and another owner who's thinking TFB is losing a TE and having to start Cassel. Maybe allow Out status for those players and allow an extra move for losing so many players in one week, like if it was a horrible injury situation?

I've never really considered this kinda thing happening and don't really know what to do.

Your comments are appreciated, thanks.

Allow one extra transaction per player that is not playing due to that game.
Ablack86
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Homer J » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:49 pm

Here's the message I sent to our league:

As you may know, the Baltimore/Houston game will not be
played this week. It has been rescheduled for week 10.
Here’s how our league will address the issue:

FIRST: Make sure any Houston and Baltimore players you own
are NOT in the starting lineup this week (week 2).

Owners will need to replace their Houston and Baltimore
starters with other players on their rosters. However, if
you own a Baltimore or Houston player and currently DO NOT
have a back-up for his position, you will be allowed to pick
up a player for each such position before game time without
having to drop anyone. That player will then be returned to
the free-agent pool after his game and before add/drop
starts again on Tuesday night. Otherwise, standard add/drop
rules apply.

Below is a list of Houston and Baltimore players owned in
our league as of 5 p.m. Saturday afternoon. If there are any
errors in this list, please let me know as soon as possible.

There are only two owners in our league who will have to pick up a stand-in -- the person who owns Kris Brown, and me (I have Owen Daniels and do not carry two TEs). Also, we have unlimited add/drops.

I think it's a fair approach -- in a 12-team league, I am not going to get anyone markedly better from the free-agent pool to fill in for me.
Homer J
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby FatFoot » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:03 pm

There's nothing to handle anymore.

Baltimore at Houston this Monday has been re-scheduled for week 10. Cincinnati at Houston has been moved from week 10 to week 8.

Baltimore and Houston now have bye weeks in Week 2 and Cincinnati has had their bye week moved from Week 8 to Week 10.

So it's just to be treated like a normal bye week... nothing special for owners to do, other than re-think their plans for bye replacements really fast.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Return to Commissioner's Corner