heisman talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to College Football

heisman talk

Moderator: Football Moderators

heisman favorite

Sam Bradford
4
40%
Colt McCoy
1
10%
Tim Tebow
5
50%
 
Total votes : 10

Re: heisman talk

Postby moonhead » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:54 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:After 3 games it has to be Daniel, but long term I think Bradford or Moreno catch him


Right team, wrong player.

I said nominate vote and I'm going with Jeremy Maclin.

i'll add him. but daniel is the man for the tigers.
Image
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 15994
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Re: heisman talk

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:13 pm

moonhead wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:After 3 games it has to be Daniel, but long term I think Bradford or Moreno catch him


Right team, wrong player.

I said nominate vote and I'm going with Jeremy Maclin.

i'll add him. but daniel is the man for the tigers.

Thanks ;-D
Image

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7746
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House

Re: heisman talk

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:55 pm

If Mizzou or OU win the Big 12, I think that their quarterback (Daniels/Bradford) takes it home.
Image
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8495
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Titletown, FL

Re: heisman talk

Postby Metroid » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:02 pm

Free Bagel wrote:If Mizzou or OU win the Big 12, I think that their quarterback (Daniels/Bradford) takes it home.

Yeah good call Bagel I agree. ;-D

I think the injury to Wells has really taken him out of the picture now, missing 2 games(should he sit out tonight)is not good. He's gonna have to put up some huge numbers the rest of the way....or average numbers and his team make it to the NC. :-b
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: heisman talk

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:06 pm

Free Bagel wrote:If Mizzou or OU win the Big 12, I think that their quarterback (Daniels/Bradford) takes it home.


So you are saying it is between one of them :-b
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Re: heisman talk

Postby moonhead » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:33 pm

the sooner machine was most impressive tonight. and it's not over.

bradford. 18-21 304 5 tds.
Image
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 15994
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Re: heisman talk

Postby Metroid » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:42 pm

moonhead wrote:the sooner machine was most impressive tonight. and it's not over.

bradford. 18-21 304 5 tds.

Yeah those are some insane numbers, his Heisman campaign just got stronger.
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: heisman talk

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:45 pm

moonhead wrote:the sooner machine was most impressive tonight. and it's not over.

bradford. 18-21 304 5 tds.


What gives him a leg up on Daniel in the end IMO, is that he does not have a Maclin to throw to
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Re: heisman talk

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:27 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
moonhead wrote:the sooner machine was most impressive tonight. and it's not over.

bradford. 18-21 304 5 tds.


What gives him a leg up on Daniel in the end IMO, is that he does not have a Maclin to throw to


If Maclin's that good then maybe you should vote for him ;-D

edit: Here is, in all seriousness, why I think Maclin deserves it over Daniel.

Last game Maclin had 172 receiving yards and 3 TDs. Subtract what Maclin did from what Daniel did and Chase Daniel had 233 yards and 1 TD.

Against South Mizzou St., Daniel would have had about 200 yards and 2 TDs. Still good, but not Heisman good.

Against Illinois Maclin got hurt, so it's hard to say what he would have done.

Now I'm not saying these would have been Daniel's stats exactly without Maclin, because of course someone else would have been there and done at least a little bit, but my point is that Maclin is such a big part of their receiving and if you take him out, I think that Daniel is just another good college QB. Also, when Maclin is on the field, he is getting doubled, which leaves other receivers, who are also pretty good, in single coverage situations. Maclin makes the game way easier for the entire team and defenses are scared of him.
Image

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7746
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House

Re: heisman talk

Postby Metroid » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:09 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
moonhead wrote:the sooner machine was most impressive tonight. and it's not over.

bradford. 18-21 304 5 tds.


What gives him a leg up on Daniel in the end IMO, is that he does not have a Maclin to throw to


If Maclin's that good then maybe you should vote for him ;-D

edit: Here is, in all seriousness, why I think Maclin deserves it over Daniel.

Last game Maclin had 172 receiving yards and 3 TDs. Subtract what Maclin did from what Daniel did and Chase Daniel had 233 yards and 1 TD.

Against South Mizzou St., Daniel would have had about 200 yards and 2 TDs. Still good, but not Heisman good.

Against Illinois Maclin got hurt, so it's hard to say what he would have done.

Now I'm not saying these would have been Daniel's stats exactly without Maclin, because of course someone else would have been there and done at least a little bit, but my point is that Maclin is such a big part of their receiving and if you take him out, I think that Daniel is just another good college QB. Also, when Maclin is on the field, he is getting doubled, which leaves other receivers, who are also pretty good, in single coverage situations. Maclin makes the game way easier for the entire team and defenses are scared of him.

I could make the same argument that without Daniel Maclin wouldn't have the stats he does. In fact that makes more sense, how is he gonna get all those yards and TD's without Daniel throwing the ball? No Daniel is the Heisman hopeful on that team.:-?

Unless Maclin does something other than play WR to gain some attention and more numbers like returning kicks or punts there's no way he earns the Heisman nod for Mizzou.
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

PreviousNext

Return to College Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 3:37 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact