40%
Colt McCoy
10%
Tim Tebow
50%

Total votes : 10

Re: heisman talk

Postby ShoelessJoe » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:58 pm

Great article and points by Doyel. I agree somewhat but I think that as technology advances, I see regional biases decreasing. As national television is more prevalent, I think more people will be able to see players out of their region. The problem right now are those ABC games where you get your regional game. However, this year, ESPN carries the game that ABC doesn't give you, so it's easier to see every game. Also, the internet is absurd. I imagine ESPN streaming the games that aren't available in your region very soon like NFL.com does with Sunday Night Football/Thursday Night games.

The only potential roadblock I see in the future however is the Big 10 channel and other networks like that. If more conferences go this route and stay away from nationally televised games (which for most conferences doesn't make financial sense) we could see more regional bias.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:37 am

I don't know, Shooey. We're all reasonably skilled at surfing the Web and we're all pretty much pimping players in our regions. I don't see any SEC guys pimping McCoy or Bradford, and I don't see any Big XII guys pimping Tebow.

I voted for McCoy. He had a great year, he's definitely deserving, and he's not getting any love right now.

Bottom line - all three of these guys are deserving, and any of them would be better representatives than some of the guys we've had in the past couple of decades. It's too bad that they can't share it.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:07 am

knapplc wrote:I don't know, Shooey. We're all reasonably skilled at surfing the Web and we're all pretty much pimping players in our regions. I don't see any SEC guys pimping McCoy or Bradford, and I don't see any Big XII guys pimping Tebow.

I voted for McCoy. He had a great year, he's definitely deserving, and he's not getting any love right now.

Bottom line - all three of these guys are deserving, and any of them would be better representatives than some of the guys we've had in the past couple of decades. It's too bad that they can't share it.

Go back and look at my posts all year. I have said Bradford almost everytime and I think most of the others were for McCoy. It wasn't until the last few weeks that I looked at everything together and said I think it should be Tebow by a slight margain.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:19 am

Right. NOW you are pimping Tebow, as is everyone from the SEC area. I was pretty clear on that. ;-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:38 pm

FWIW, I voted Bradford. However, I don't really think any of the 3 are far enough ahead of the others to vehemently argue in their favor.

It looks like StiffArmTrophy has Bradford building more of a lead now, and they've never been wrong...
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby knapplc » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:06 pm

Free Bagel wrote:FWIW, I voted Bradford. However, I don't really think any of the 3 are far enough ahead of the others to vehemently argue in their favor.

This is how I feel as well, and I'd be surprised if anyone was really ready to argue one guy over another. Whichever one of these three wins, I'm cool with that.

Just think how different this is than, say, 2001, when there were no great choices. We're spoiled this year.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:13 pm

FWIW, Tebow won the Maxwell
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BlueBandit24 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:54 pm

My vote would go to Tebow again this year. I feel he is the most indespensable player in the nation, although you could make a great argument for all three candidates.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ShoelessJoe » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:56 pm

I'm just glad that everybody got off the Harrell bandwagon. Colt Brennan wannabee...
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Metroid » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:00 pm

I voted Bradford but the more I think about it the more I'm thinking Colt McCoy is suffering from losing last. He has the stats and the resume but that late season hiccup against Tech really hurt. And really out of the three he has had the least to work with.

To Tebow's credit his team has had the toughest schedule and since the Ole Miss game he has been as cool as a cucumber, he doesn't have the gaudy numbers but he is easily the best QB of the three. I really think of the three he is the most valuable to to his team.

Bradford? What else can I say, insane numbers on a record setting team....can't argue with that.

All three are very deserving and am just excited to see who takes home the trophy. Great year for the Heisman. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to College Football