40%
Colt McCoy
10%
Tim Tebow
50%

Total votes : 10

Re: heisman talk

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:49 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Even so, I really don't see the Harrell over Tebow argument.

and this is from a guy who defended Harrell almost all season :-D

Obviously I am biased, but I don't think anyone other than those 3 should have been in the top 3. I would have had Crabtree over Harrell
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:02 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Even so, I really don't see the Harrell over Tebow argument.

and this is from a guy who defended Harrell almost all season :-D

Obviously I am biased, but I don't think anyone other than those 3 should have been in the top 3. I would have had Crabtree over Harrell

I defended Harrell between the games against Texas and Oklahoma. I was wrong. Part of the reason I believe I was wrong was because he simply didn't step up when he needed to. The other reason was that I realized just how good Crabtree is.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:23 am

This is much more deep-seeded than you're all giving it credit for. Looking through the votes, most of the people that left Tebow off (or McCoy off, or Bradford off) didn't even put Harrell in in their place.

People screw with the system, and it's broken because of it. People say to themselves "I have my guy #1, and to make sure he wins, I'm not going to vote any of the other guys in the running to make sure I give my guy the biggest vote advantage I can". It's the only reason people could possibly have one of these guys #1, and the other guys (even including Harrell) not even ranked. They should just do first place votes from here on out so dishonest people can't affect the final results more than honest people do. The people that vote who they truly think are the #1, #2, and #3 players in the nation have less pull than the guys who say "screw it, I want my guy to win so I'm not even going to put the other guys on the ballot".

The other issue is former heisman winners that half screw around, and are half serious. Reggie Bush voted Sam Bradford #1, and then filled out the rest of his ballot with USC players. Either just vote all USC players that have no chance of winning (essentially throwing out your vote), or vote for real all the way through. Voting seriously for one guy and then screwing around with the rest of your ballot just messes things up, because it means even if you had your #1 guy only a hair over your #2 guy, in actuality you're giving the #1 guy a HUGE boost over that #2 guy.

Really though, everyone could have some fun looking through people's actual votes and seeing just how screwy many of them are. We've all seen Lee Corso pimping the bejeesus out of McCoy on college gameday, so what did he do? McCoy #1, with Tebow, Bradford, and Harrell not even on his ballot.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:05 am

Free Bagel wrote:This is much more deep-seeded than you're all giving it credit for. Looking through the votes, most of the people that left Tebow off (or McCoy off, or Bradford off) didn't even put Harrell in in their place.

People screw with the system, and it's broken because of it. People say to themselves "I have my guy #1, and to make sure he wins, I'm not going to vote any of the other guys in the running to make sure I give my guy the biggest vote advantage I can". It's the only reason people could possibly have one of these guys #1, and the other guys (even including Harrell) not even ranked. They should just do first place votes from here on out so dishonest people can't affect the final results more than honest people do. The people that vote who they truly think are the #1, #2, and #3 players in the nation have less pull than the guys who say "screw it, I want my guy to win so I'm not even going to put the other guys on the ballot".

The other issue is former heisman winners that half screw around, and are half serious. Reggie Bush voted Sam Bradford #1, and then filled out the rest of his ballot with USC players. Either just vote all USC players that have no chance of winning (essentially throwing out your vote), or vote for real all the way through. Voting seriously for one guy and then screwing around with the rest of your ballot just messes things up, because it means even if you had your #1 guy only a hair over your #2 guy, in actuality you're giving the #1 guy a HUGE boost over that #2 guy.

Really though, everyone could have some fun looking through people's actual votes and seeing just how screwy many of them are. We've all seen Lee Corso pimping the bejeesus out of McCoy on college gameday, so what did he do? McCoy #1, with Tebow, Bradford, and Harrell not even on his ballot.

That is insane. No Bradford or Tebow on the ballot :-S

As an aside, I just wanted to say agin Congrats to Bradford because he did have an awesome season and the guy truly was deserving of the award. Had it been McCoy or Tebow I would have said the same thing. I really agree with Knapp's statement that we watched something great this year and later we will be shafted by watching crap and someone winning it. In the end, it doesn't matter who won it because we saw some great football this season and the bowls should be exciting to watch these guys and other great players play possibly there final college games.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:30 am

What does the Heisman even mean anymore? With shenanigans like this going on, who really cares? I’ve been off the Heisman bandwagon for a LONG time now, probably since Frazier didn’t win in 1995 (Eddie George).

The Heisman is nice to win and all, but it’s just not a true representation of the best player in college football. No way.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to College Football