Calico lovers..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Calico lovers.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Calico lovers.....

Postby Paladyr » Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:48 pm

Drew Bennet is down, Calico was already getting plenty of looks, now there are only 2 other players to compete with. Is this the week to play him??? I'm thinking of benching Moulds for Calico. It's dangerous, but Dallas has been pretty tough against WR. What do u guys think?
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby altproject » Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:50 pm

here comes another portis/buckhalter thread.
20 Team League | 11-3 | 5th Place
--------------------------------------------
Q: Kitna, Flutie
R: Henry, Portis, T. Jones, Rudi, Griffin, Burns
W: Chambers, Ward
T: Shockey
K: Elling
D: Bills
altproject
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Paladyr » Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:53 pm

altproject wrote:here comes another portis/buckhalter thread.

yea i guess Moulds deserves the start, he was a stud before the groin injury, but he still says he's not 100%. That has me worried.
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby altproject » Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:56 pm

actually, i will say that this discussion deserves more merit than the portis/buckhalter one. the reason being that moulds has been doing nothing for a few weeks now -- due to the injury. it wouldn't be as crazy to play calico over moulds as you might think. interested to hear what other people say.
20 Team League | 11-3 | 5th Place
--------------------------------------------
Q: Kitna, Flutie
R: Henry, Portis, T. Jones, Rudi, Griffin, Burns
W: Chambers, Ward
T: Shockey
K: Elling
D: Bills
altproject
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Paladyr » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:21 pm

well i'll start it. Calico has the second most passes thrown to him behind Mason over the past few weeks or so (i calculated that before their last game). He's also a big red zone target.

For the record though, i'm starting moulds. Shutting down Washington is one thing, I still think Buffalo, with Moulds in, is very tough.
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby greatgretzky » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:36 pm

actually, I don't have this exact problem, but for what it is worth, I am gonna give calico a shot this week. I am starting him over jimmy smith and krob, so that may be obvisouly a no brainer. But I woudl recommend giving him a shot over moulds, it could definitely bite you. But bledsoe has been stuggling (maybe because of no moulds), but mcnair has not. calico has the physical tools and now an opportunity. may be worth it if you have coverage elsewhere.
greatgretzky
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Phestuss » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:39 pm

Start Moulds.
C'mon, this is almost a given - Moulds Vs. Calico?

Week 8 Moulds played at, by his own assessment, 75% and he still caught 6 passes for 53 yards. OK, he didn't score, but the guy was hurt AND his QB lost most of his marbles.

Calico was OK week 8 - 3 catches for 27 and a TD. Throw out the TD and Calico doesn't even show on the radar.

Moulds says he's back to his old self. You'd be nutty NOT to start him over Calico!
"I like them french-fried potaters. um - hmm"
Phestuss
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Paladyr » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:58 pm

Phestuss wrote:Start Moulds.
C'mon, this is almost a given - Moulds Vs. Calico?

Week 8 Moulds played at, by his own assessment, 75% and he still caught 6 passes for 53 yards. OK, he didn't score, but the guy was hurt AND his QB lost most of his marbles.

Calico was OK week 8 - 3 catches for 27 and a TD. Throw out the TD and Calico doesn't even show on the radar.

Moulds says he's back to his old self. You'd be nutty NOT to start him over Calico!

Which is why i'm starting moulds. But my radar is on calico the rest of the way.
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tomkatt » Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:53 pm

I actually traded for Eric Moulds going into his bye to be my 2nd WR behind Chad Johnson. However, I picked Santana Moss up off of waivers about a month ago. Man was I glad to have him in the lineup last week. Now I'm going to stick with Santana for one more week til I see Moulds is back to normal.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Warpigs » Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:34 pm

I'm tempted by a similar situation -- to start Calico over Boston. Both have big play potential, and at least McNair can get the ball to Calico. Both could put up a goose egg -- I've gotten several from Boston. The tough part is starting Calico, and then watching Boston have a breakout game on the bench. It happened to me when I got Peerless Price via a trade and left him on my bench that week -- the one where he exploded.

Ultimately, it may be worth a shot. Mason is streaky, to say the least, and Calico had a bye week to work more on rhythm with McNair.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Next

Return to Football Talk