Calico lovers..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Calico lovers.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:07 am

I would definitely start Calico over Boston, keep an eye on Moulds injury status. I would be tempted to start Calico over him as well. Uncle Phestuss suggests that if you take away Calico's TD last game he doesn't even show up on radar. But you can't take away his TD, and the Titans are a pass happy bunch. Plus early in the season McNair was looking for Calico in the red zone. So unless Moulds says he is 90 % or better, I'd go with Tyrone.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Paladyr » Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:36 am

Warpigs wrote:I'm tempted by a similar situation -- to start Calico over Boston. Both have big play potential, and at least McNair can get the ball to Calico. Both could put up a goose egg -- I've gotten several from Boston. The tough part is starting Calico, and then watching Boston have a breakout game on the bench. It happened to me when I got Peerless Price via a trade and left him on my bench that week -- the one where he exploded.

Ultimately, it may be worth a shot. Mason is streaky, to say the least, and Calico had a bye week to work more on rhythm with McNair.

Yea i would start calico over boston as well. If boston does burn you, you can rest assured that next week he'll have 20yards.
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby anth » Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:45 am

Calico is in a crowded situation even after Bennett's injury. You never know whose day it's going to be in TEN. I'd use the "wait and see" approach. I'm guessing not much changes.
anth

Friendliness: %

Postby Phestuss » Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:50 am

moochman wrote:Uncle Phestuss suggests that if you take away Calico's TD last game he doesn't even show up on radar. But you can't take away his TD, and the Titans are a pass happy bunch. Plus early in the season McNair was looking for Calico in the red zone. So unless Moulds says he is 90 % or better, I'd go with Tyrone.

Fair enough. ;-D

However, even with the TD, Calico and Moulds scored the same amount of fantasy points (11) week 8. (based on 1pt-rcpt, 1pt p/10 yrds, 6pts-TD)

The point is that a 75% Moulds is >= to a 100% Calico.
"I like them french-fried potaters. um - hmm"
Phestuss
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mikey » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:56 pm

I'm considering starting Calico instead of D-Jax (who's facing a still tough secondary in the 'Skins this Sunday).

The reason - Miami's nickel backs are relatively small and they gave up a TD to Indy's 3rd WR, Troy Walters, last week. I'm hoping McNair and Calico can do the same.

Too speculative?
mikey
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby altproject » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:59 pm

starting calico over D-jax i find to be very disturbing.
20 Team League | 11-3 | 5th Place
--------------------------------------------
Q: Kitna, Flutie
R: Henry, Portis, T. Jones, Rudi, Griffin, Burns
W: Chambers, Ward
T: Shockey
K: Elling
D: Bills
altproject
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Rob » Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:30 pm

What about Calico over Mason this week?
Rob

Friendliness: %

Postby emaja » Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:00 pm

Mikey wrote:Miami's nickel backs are relatively small and they gave up a TD to Indy's 3rd WR, Troy Walters, last week. I'm hoping McNair and Calico can do the same.

Too speculative?

Nope. That's why he gets his first start with me this week and Driver rides the pine.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Previous

Return to Football Talk