AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Buckychudd » Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:31 am

The Super Freak wrote:if he trades bulger for dillon he's an idiot

No, he's not.

The original post indicated that both CPepp and Bulger. As other people have indicated he is probably very weak at RB. Bulger is just going to end up sitting on his bench all year behind CPepp.....might as well get some value out of him in a trade rather than nothing on your bench!
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Farmer Ted » Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:28 pm

if that's the case, then he should be able to get somebody better than dillon rather than hoping that he will get healthy and get out of the doghouse.

Bulger should bring in somebody like McAllister or Henry. Someone along those lines.

he sounds like an idiot.

if I were in that league, i would say take dillon and I would hope that CPepp goes down, then he is screwed.
Farmer Ted
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Buckychudd » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:11 pm

Farmer Ted wrote:if that's the case, then he should be able to get somebody better than dillon rather than hoping that he will get healthy and get out of the doghouse.

Bulger should bring in somebody like McAllister or Henry. Someone along those lines.

he sounds like an idiot.

if I were in that league, i would say take dillon and I would hope that CPepp goes down, then he is screwed.

Both McAllister and Henry are top 10 RBs, nobody is going to trade them for a QB. Fantasy football teams live and die by RBs, half of the top ten QBs this year were on Waivers in most leagues at the start of the season.....including Bulger.

The original email indicated that he has both CPepp & Bulger's backups. In case you missed it, Frerotte (Cpepp's backup) had a QB rating of 120 in the games he started for CPepp this year. The guy is most certainly not screwed if CPepp goes down, he won't miss a beat with Frerotte.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Paladyr » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:36 pm

Yes, he is an idiot. Dillon will not succeed this year. He has been trying to play with an injured groin and in the process is only making it worse. That should be completely obvious to anyone. If Dillon is the only guy he was going after, they are cheating b/c you could certainly get a guy with more upside than dillon for bulger.
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:47 pm

paperbags wrote:Thanks for the input......I will leave it alone, or I mean approve. Everyone has known everyone in the league for at least 5 years in fact some people have known each other their whole lives.
8-o
I was not concerned about cheating but more about fairness. But the team that gave up Bulger is 8-1 while the team that got him is 3-5.

That's why it's called collusion. Two fellas who know each other one is struggling the other on top of the world with the ability to help, deals a soft trade. It's like the strahan sack on favre.
But i still don't think you can veto this.
Last edited by Redskins Win on Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Dude_ffc » Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:05 pm

My 2 cents is:

A. it is collusion because anyone who even just watches sportscenter knows that dillon is not happy nor healthy. Groin injuries take a loooooong time to heal properly.

B. He is probably not an idiot but trying to help a brutha out. He has Dante and nothing really to lose.

C. You can't really veto it because of the "names" involved. Dillion cooould do something but so could jamal anderson.

D. If the guy getting Bulger is 3-5 I wouldn't worry about it too much.
"That rug really tied the room together."
The Dude_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby greatgretzky » Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:16 pm

it may not be wise, but to claim he is an idiot ignores market conditions of the game. What a player "should" bring in in our eyes may nto jibe with the reality of the league. The player distributions may be such so that is the best he can do. No one would give back of that caliber for bulger. The only real value a player has in trades is what someone is willing to pay -- ntohing more. There may be only one or two teams that have a real need at quarterback and worthwhile players to trade for. Also, teams may be reluctant to see him trade from stregth and jsut beef up with another stud rb. So they will lowball him to keep from getting too strong. There is more to trades than just saying bulger SHOULD get this level of player in return. The difference between should and reality is an important distinction to remember.
greatgretzky
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mikehunt » Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:24 pm

Words to the wise. Only a person in that man's shoes can call him anything but a brother.

It is crunch time in most leagues so risk need to be taken.

Mike
mikehunt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:19 pm

Are you a jackass FFgod? You quote me and then you use a quotation that I didn't even write. (Maybe you're just a sports reporter... ;-) )

I said that he proved that he was fallible against a bad 9er defense. Dillon's past stats DO speak for themselves. Bulger, minus that awful performance last week, is a very good QB, but a healthy Dillon is a top 15 rb. There's a principle "god", called "buy low, sell high". Bulger's value is through the roof right now and people think that Dillon is worthless. It's only risky, not stupid to get Dillon and see if he plays up to his potential, especially if you're hurting at RB.

But I appreciate your "scathing criticism" of my comments anyway. ;-)

Friendliness: %

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk