2009 NFL Draft Prospect Talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to 2010 NFL Draft

2009 NFL Draft Prospect Talk

Re: 2009 NFL Draft Prospect Talk

Postby The Lung » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:14 pm

Just for the record, knapplc, I have absolutely nothing against Lucky. In fact, I can't say for sure if I even watched a Nebraska game this year and really don't even know much about him. All I know is the many mock draft sites I've seen, and what I've read on various sites, which include quips from actual NFL scouts about Lucky, all say that the incident will hurt his draft stock. That is really the extent of this - please don't take this as a personal attack on your favorite RB. Because that is absolutely not what is going on here.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:26 pm

No, of course not. I know you're not taking potshots at the guy. It's cool.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:06 am

Cool. Glad we got that cleared up.

If anything, my ears are tuned to a nice sleeper RB based on your recommendation. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ShoelessJoe » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:08 pm

For all of the love that coaches like Urban Meyer and Pete Carroll get, it's nice to see a columnist stand up for a player when a coach does something wrong. Check out this opinion on Pete Carroll's response to Sanchez' decision to enter the NFL draft:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/w ... ml?eref=T1

Here's an idea Pete Carroll, maybe Sanchez is pissed off that he isn't getting paid millions of dollars at USC when he could be in the NFL!
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:29 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:For all of the love that coaches like Urban Meyer and Pete Carroll get, it's nice to see a columnist stand up for a player when a coach does something wrong. Check out this opinion on Pete Carroll's response to Sanchez' decision to enter the NFL draft:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/w ... ml?eref=T1

Here's an idea Pete Carroll, maybe Sanchez is pissed off that he isn't getting paid millions of dollars at USC when he could be in the NFL!

I was actually going to post something about this the day it happened, but I have been so busy with Bar work I didn't. This was ridiculous IMO. Carroll was acting like a little baby because now he is without a competent QB in his opinion and he feels it hurts his chance of a National Title. This was really bad IMO and if I am a coach recruiting against him I would show him a tape of that press conference and re-enforce the words that Carroll used. The guy will tell you what you want to hear, but when you disagree he will lash out at you. Sanchez waited for him to comeback because he wanted to tell him in person and have him there, Carroll agreed to be there and then he says those things and leaves after patting Sanchez on the shoulder before Sanchez has a chance to say anything? Classless move by Pete to a kid that came to his school, sat and waited for his time even though he could have transferred and played somewhere else, and gave his all when he was in there. Way to go Pete.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:46 pm

Boston College defensive tackle B.J. Raji was reportedly "unblockable" today at Senior Bowl practice - in both run defense and pass rush there wasn't a single offensive lineman that could block him. He displayed a great combination of size, strength, and quickness and is solidifying his status as the top defensive tackle in the draft. 8-o
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:04 am

The Lung wrote:Boston College defensive tackle B.J. Raji was reportedly "unblockable" today at Senior Bowl practice - in both run defense and pass rush there wasn't a single offensive lineman that could block him. He displayed a great combination of size, strength, and quickness and is solidifying his status as the top defensive tackle in the draft. 8-o

I was so hoping the Bucs could get him, but he is going way before we get a shot. He is exactly the player the Bucs need on that defense. We have not been the same since Sapp left :,-(
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:16 am

Another player who reportedly stood out today at Senior Bowl was Sam Houston State QB Rhett Bomar, but he's another who won't be drafted highly due to character concerns - remember he got booted from Oklahoma after accepting extra money from his job at a car dealership.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:32 am

The Lung wrote:Another player who reportedly stood out today at Senior Bowl was Sam Houston State QB Rhett Bomar, but he's another who won't be drafted highly due to character concerns - remember he got booted from Oklahoma after accepting extra money from his job at a car dealership.

The kid is physically talented and can be a solid QB. I really think he learned his lesson and will be ok character wise. Someone could get a bargain later in the draft
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:11 am

I heard about Bomar. He was supposed to be the next Josh Heupel or whatever before that episode. He's not untalented.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to 2010 NFL Draft