Stick with Rick - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Stick with Rick

Moderator: Football Moderators

Stick with Rick

Postby HUNK » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:47 pm

I've made up my mind after a number of frustrating weeks with Ricky Williams and his subpar performances, that I'm not planning on parting with him. My logic is as follows:

-In spite of his struggles, he is still a top 5 back
-Unlike many other situations out there, he doesn't have to split significant carries
-When the bad weather hits, teams will opt to run the ball more and he had a pair of 200 yard games to end last year
-He probably won't be as bad as he was last week (13 car. for 36 yds.) for the rest of the year- he can only go up
-Griese seems to get him more involved in the passing game than Fiedler did (10 catches the past 2 weeks) assuming he remains Miami's qb.
- He has been healthy all year long as opposed to guys who are injury concerns

Anyone else agree with this? My emotional side, especially after 2 straight losses to tarnish a 6-1 record was to get rid of him for a bag of balls. But logic kicked in and decided to ride Ricky for all he's got until a better deal comes along.
HUNK

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:48 pm

If I had Ricky, thank god I don't, I'd get rid of him as soon as a good offer came up. Top 5 RB? Yeah right, he's barely in the top ten in fantasy points.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Go Vikes » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:54 pm

Stick with him. Just like im sticking with Koren. These guys should turn it on soon. Thanks for replying to my post.
Go Vikes

Postby moochman » Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:44 pm

If you can get equal value for him, I'd trade him. His schedule is tough to run against with 4 of the last 7 games (including the next 2) are against very tough run Ds. His fade could continue.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby HUNK » Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:56 pm

I guess the question at this point is: What is equal value? I pondered trading him for Taylor, Marshall or Henry, even the A-train, but I think he is a better overall back, just not playing up to standard (there are many studs falling into this trap this year). I had a trade offer last night giving me Driver, Keyshawn, Gannon and Dunn for him, but I don't need a wr, a QB on a down year and a back splitting carries. It would potentially have made his team too powerful (Rbs Holmes, James, Faulk and Williams) and not have hurt his WRs (Moss x2, Owens and Ward) or his QBs (Collins, Pennington, Vick- if he returns). With my luck, I'd trade him and he'd bust out on a string of 100 yd games. It happened when I traded A-train, S. Davis and James (all early trades).
HUNK

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:08 am

You know your value has fallen when an owner goes from making you his #1 overall pick, to considering a trade for Anthony Thomas. I have Ricky in one league and I'm trying to trade him for Edge. If not, I'll just keep plugging away with him and hope he keeps getting TDs.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby arrbez » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:29 am

i'm dissapointed in him, but i'm not gonna ever consider trading him for someone like thomas. at least ricky is pretty consistant with the TD's, and i can't seem him going this whole year without another big game. just a hunch i guess.
It doesn't need to be in good taste, so long as it tastes good
arrbez
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby awwchrist » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:30 am

I traded him two weeks ago.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bukoski77 » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:36 am

Good call HUNK ;-D

Maybe not the remainder of this year, but yes I still seem as a top 5 keeper RB!
"At 60 yards it wont be a record FG distance, It will however set a record for longest post field goal celebration if Gramatica makes it."

Al Michaels, in reference to a Gramatica 60YRD field goal attempt week 5(2003 season) of Monday Night Football.
Bukoski77
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DiRtY BuCs » Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:33 am

he better start comin around. i still scored the most points last week with his crappy performance and with Holmes on a bye. But i cant get a good trade outta him cuz his value is not as high as i would like it to be. i aint tradin him for some1 like A - Train. i need at least a Travis Henry or sumthin. The only back i can get who is decent i think is Faulk but i havnt liked what i've seen outta him either... But hopefully Ricky comes around and we are all happy...

20 Team League
Current Record: 7-2
Current Rank: 2nd

QB Chad Pennington (QB-NYJ)
QB Maddox, Tommy (QB-Pit)
WR Johnson, Chad (WR-Cin)
WR Travis Taylor (WR-Bal)
WR Peerless Price (WR-Atl)
RB Williams, Ricky (RB-Mia)
RB Priest Holmes (RB-KC)
TE Daniel Graham (TE-NE)
Bench Jolley, Doug (TE-Oak)