Stewart taking #1 spot now?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Stewart taking #1 spot now??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Stewart taking #1 spot now??

Postby los locos » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:15 pm

I couldn't watch the game...looks like Stewart did very well. Did Williams not play well? What did you guys notice?? Thanks for the info!
Thanks eagles21
los locos
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Stewart taking #1 spot now??

Postby FatFoot » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:25 pm

Williams played reasonably well. The Bears run D was dominant for most of the game. Stewart was moving defenders and breaking tackles a la AD. Definitely looked a lot more effective than DeAngelo. I hope this works its way toward Stewart being the starter.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:53 pm

Deangelo started and they clamped down on him, Stewart came in later in the game and really opened things up for him, then they started to lean more towards him late in the game and he produced very well and showed he is a tough goal line runner which was the thing that made me favor him more anyway...If he plays a few weeks like this he could take over but it still looks like an even split in carries but Stewart could own that goal line.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Noah_B » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:26 pm

Both backs are playing solid. I think they approach Week 3 with the same game plan. RBBC, split carries. Stewart might get more carries earlier in the game, next week, which hopefully translates into him being the starter soon.
Noah_B Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby smackthefirst » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:32 pm

LS2throwed wrote:Deangelo started and they clamped down on him, Stewart came in later in the game and really opened things up for him, then they started to lean more towards him late in the game and he produced very well and showed he is a tough goal line runner which was the thing that made me favor him more anyway...If he plays a few weeks like this he could take over but it still looks like an even split in carries but Stewart could own that goal line.

Agreed 100%. Stewart is the stronger of the backs and should get the majority of the goal line carries, but this will still be a RBBC and you'll still see a 50/50 split to start most games and the RB with the hotter hand so to speak will end up with more. Plus, the one thing I noticed was that both Williams and Stewart were fairly equal early on in the game until Stewart broke the one 24 yard run. Now I don't like saying "take that run away" because that just makes no sense, but had Williams gotten the same run, you would have seen him get more carries I think. And also remember that Williams started off this game against a fresh D while Stewart came on later, with fresh legs, as the D had less than fresh legs.

And I own both Williams and Stewart and would love nothing more than for one of them to clearly outshine the other, but while I still think Stewart is the long term better player, I think today was more a matter of circumstance as opposed to Stewart distancing himself from Williams.
My Playoff Team - Please Comment
MSchaub, DMcNabb, JFreeman, KKolb
SJackson, THightower, CWells, JForsett, JSnelling, CJennings, QGanther
RWayne, RMoss, RMeachem, MCrabtree, DBowe
VDavis
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby AllDay » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:31 am

I think Stewart starts next week and by week 6 we'll see Stewart getting 75% of the carries (if he stay healthy).
What Would Purple Jesus Do?
AllDay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:55 pm

For those who didn't get to see Stewart on tv this weekend his runs were very impressive, this is why I think he will start to take over this backfield at some point this year: http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80ac9fce
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby mikus » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:07 pm

I was not big on this guy AT ALL coming out of Oregon, but I did the smart thing: I took y'alls advice and drafted him in my keeper league. Even this skeptic thinks the kid is looking pretty good so far. ;-D
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby CBMGreatOne » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:09 pm

Stewart will take over, but not yet. For DeAngelo Williams owners, this week was a blow, because it proved that this will be a true RBBC, not a 75/25 in favor of Williams as week 1 seemed to indicate. That said, DeAngelo will still get a good number of touches and should be a good start at various times throughout the season, such as @ATL in week 4. Stewart could become the horse in this backfield (75% of the carries), but if it does happen it won't happen before week 8 IMHO.

Neither guy is anything more than an RB4 at this point, though Stewart could see his stock rise to the level of an RB3 if we see another game where he so badly outscores Williams again next week.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby treat24 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:20 pm

mikus wrote:I was not big on this guy AT ALL coming out of Oregon, but I did the smart thing: I took y'alls advice and drafted him in my keeper league. Even this skeptic thinks the kid is looking pretty good so far. ;-D

REALLY? you gotsta listen to me and dee! haha... I took him 1st overall in my dynasty league the day after the nfl draft. :-b
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Next

Return to Football Talk